I’d like to ask for a consensus here, but first, I’d like to explain why members toiled away tracing horse silhouettes and yet Bouton hasn’t come up with a tribute font for Bill Taylor yet.

The answer is: it’s not very good, not a fitting tribute to our dear departed friend. The concept I thought was a good one, to make 26 glyphs of a horse galloping, that if typed in sequence in an animation program (such as Xara), would result in a galloping animation.

I worked on the font from everyone’s generous work, but gave up after realizing this isn’t what we want to do to remember Bill. Trust me, it’s just not a great font.

May I please offer some sort of alternative plan? Does the typeface have to be Cherokee in theme? Would it not be enough tribute to create a handsome picture font, name it “Soquili” and deem that as appropriate?

I’d love to engage all in a discussion here. I’m available to compile a font, and I’ve even begun three or four originals I’d be good with just donating/remembering Bill by, no strings, just love.

PM if need be, and apologies if anyone felt jerked around.

I’m a volunteer, too.

My Very Best,

Gary