Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default some objects not printed as to seen in the image - why?

Hello,
    I have created an simple, vintage looing calling card. It contains two colored graphic objects, that are properly shown on the screen.
    But if I print the image, those objects are only printed as kind of white shadows.
    What setting causes that effect and how can I solve this problem?
    Thank you very much for helping!

Holger

callingcard.xar

Default Re: some objects not printed as to seen in the image - why?

Holger, thanks for posting your calling card.
    Apart from not having your Fonts, it presents all OK here.
    I didn't print it but exported the design to a PNG and I know it would then print fine.

I can't see the point of the background being a picture as you could recreate this with plasma cloud fill quite easily; I would normally do this to be able to rescale my output and not be dependent on a bitmap resolution that might be too low. It's presently 96dpi and I assume that unless it is an image for a site, it may need printing at 300dpi for best effect.

Acorn

Thank you very much for helping me!

I have insert now two additional images: numer 1 is showing how it looks on my screen and numer 2 is a scan of the printing result.

Concerning the background: I would like to have a vintage paper background and do not know how to make it with that plasma cloud fill. But I will look for a higher resolution paper background.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	callingcard screen.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	95874Click image for larger version. 

Name:	callingcard print.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	95875

Holger, try upping the export resolution by exporting the Calling Card at 300dpi as a PNG, then print that.
    I think it is two PNGs on top of a 96dpi JPG that is the problem.
    To prove it, remove the background image and replace with a flat Rectangle of similar colour.

Acorn

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Holger, According to your profile you are using Xtreme Pro 5 is this information still current? I'll gladly put together a short tutorial on creating an old looking piece of paper using the fractal fills and transparencies, but it will help if I know for sure what version you are using.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you for your help and comments!

angelize, I use Xtreme Pro 5 and have now installed Xara Designer Pro X too, because I think about upgrading to this. So a tutorial for Pro X would be a fine help. Thank you very much!

best regards

Holger

BTW, the file prints as intended to a true postscript printer (a Phaser in my case). Attempting to print to a printer using postscript emulation or one of my inkjets fails.

Mike