Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Automatic Website Export

In Xara Web Designer MX, you were presented with a website export dialog on your first publish every time you opened Xara anew. This was especially important if you went from working on one website to working on another, or you would export into the wrong folder. Now there is no opportunity to set the auto export folder on publish, so if you don't manually export website before publish, you really don't know where it's going.

Any thoughts?

Incidentally, I couldn't find anything about this in Xara help within the program, or in any other threads. If I'm being redundant, my apologies.

Default Re: Automatic Website Export

There's no need to EXPORT the site to your local computer any longer unless you want a copy. It's exported to a temp file when you do a local preview but you don't need to worry about this. When you PUBLISH the site all your changes are uploaded to the server and you don't need a local EXPORT as in previous versions.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ahhh. I generally like keeping a local copy, so I guess I'm stuck doing it manually. So long as Xara isn't auto website exporting over the top of another website's exported files, I can live with that.

Thank you very much.

You can still export to a chosen location.

If you hover opver the Publish button you'll see a little flyout menu appear and one of the buttons on that menu is "Export Website". Click that and you'll then be asked where you want to export the website.

Phil