Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default why is not possble to publish to multi FTP sites Xara MX 8

Hi,

I have six web sites that I update, I have to keep on typing in new FTPs for each one as I update the sites, am I missing something here or is Xara is very limited in its features, its such a simple feature to have that it makes me think I am missing something in the software. My work around is to use free Filezilla to FTP up.

Regards

Default Re: why is not possble to publish to multi FTP sites Xara MX 8

You save each one in a Profile. I have four set up in this way, just choose the relevant Profile and publish.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    You save each one in a Profile. I have four set up in this way, just choose the relevant Profile and publish.
    Thx Miko,

Yes i see that, but the custom profile cannot be renamed, unless you can have different profiles when you select ( not that I am going to) magix web hosting (profile).

So I then I tried the idea that if you save each site in a different directory the FTP info would be saved also, but not so, every site when opened defaults to the last FTP setup that was entered.

Once more I am I missing something? (Web Designer MX )

Regards

The way that I do mine is this. Enter the FTP details, then click on the Save in Profile. A little box opens up and you then enter whatever you want to call it. Click Ok and then click on Apply. In the Profile window, I select the little down arrow and I have a choice of the four sites to publish to.

The basic version of Web Designer does not have the ability to same FTP profiles - this is something only found in the Premiun versions of Web Designer and Designer Pro.

Thank PeteS,

Thanks for that mr moderator, you know I have to say axara's advertising is what could be termed very economical with some important facts, I think the advertising should be a lot clearer, and update your help files for different versions, ah well stuck with it for now anyway.

Thx and regards