Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XaReg revisited

Default Re: XaReg revisited

I will start work on a design document. That will contain a list of all the registry entries. We can start from there. If the development guys have such a list already all the better.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

Come Frances, I think it is a great name. Either we use as has been suggested here "Xoquili" or keep its original name and in my mind both honour what both Bill & Steve did. As more & more people get newer and newer O.S. more and more are going to get frustrated of the size of the "blob" handles of selected nodes and either a programme like this or even Xara are going to have to tackle the problem. Like like the idea of keeping it in our community if we have enough of the talent here to code.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

@Grace, if this "Name Game" is putting any pressure or confusion on you, please tell us to stop it, okay?

A name is a name, ultimately. We need to arrive at the product. Look at how many people made fun of the name "iPad". And now it's commonly accepted and everyone wants one.

-g

P.S.-By the way, a member just asked if there is a shortcut key combo for the Animation Frame Gallery, to Copy the current frame, so you can concentrate on your work and not have to leave the area you're working on to click the "Copy" button. I see in Utilities>Keyboard Shortcut commands that there's nothing for the Animation Gallery.

Is this something that could be added via this project, Grace? Adding keyboard commands for items not listing within the Xara UI?
    IP

Gary, as with XaReg, I think the purposes of this utility is enable editing of the existing registry keys, not provide additional program functionality within the program
    So, unless there is a registry key which enables that key combo, that is currently set to disabled, then no I doubt it.

On that note - I think it would be an idea to outline early what this tool is, what it does and what is does not do/provide to prevent developers of it from being bogged down with questions of "Can it do this", or Xara program feature suggestions such as "Can you add this functionality to my program" which should be placed in Dear Xara instead.
    IP

Sorry, Pete, I had a brain hiccup. :(

Of course this would be a new feature, or an expansion of the current Keyboard Shortcuts currently in Xara, and not something changed in the Registry.

I'll post this on "Dear Xara", thanks. Although I posted this for another member, I think it would be welcome to list and be able to assign keys to all possible commands.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    I will start work on a design document. That will contain a list of all the registry entries. We can start from there. If the development guys have such a list already all the better.
    FYI: Here is the thread that Bill had started requesting input when he was considering updating XaReg. There may be useful requests and registry entries in it.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...egarding-XaReg
    IP

One thing I hadn't realised, XaReg looks to see what versions of Xara software is on your system. So it will work for the new release, as long as the registry hasn't changed. Of course no new stuff can be added.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    One thing I hadn't realised...
    Yes, Bill (and Steve ) did a very thorough job developing XaReg.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

There are some registry keys posted in this thread you might want to have a look at.http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...233#post475233
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

I have a request:

Is there something in the Registry that determines the area where you can accurately hit a node?

I either need glasses, or a larger cursor, or something a programmer might be able to provide to lessen the errors for example, when I try to reshape a rectangle with the selector tool, and wind up moving the rectangle instead of hitting the control point I need.

For all the things one might say about CorelDRAW, the larger-than-life control points are easy to click on.

TIA,

Gary
    IP