Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: XaReg revisited

Hybrid View

Default Re: XaReg revisited

@Grace, if this "Name Game" is putting any pressure or confusion on you, please tell us to stop it, okay?

A name is a name, ultimately. We need to arrive at the product. Look at how many people made fun of the name "iPad". And now it's commonly accepted and everyone wants one.

-g

P.S.-By the way, a member just asked if there is a shortcut key combo for the Animation Frame Gallery, to Copy the current frame, so you can concentrate on your work and not have to leave the area you're working on to click the "Copy" button. I see in Utilities>Keyboard Shortcut commands that there's nothing for the Animation Gallery.

Is this something that could be added via this project, Grace? Adding keyboard commands for items not listing within the Xara UI?
    IP

Gary, as with XaReg, I think the purposes of this utility is enable editing of the existing registry keys, not provide additional program functionality within the program
    So, unless there is a registry key which enables that key combo, that is currently set to disabled, then no I doubt it.

On that note - I think it would be an idea to outline early what this tool is, what it does and what is does not do/provide to prevent developers of it from being bogged down with questions of "Can it do this", or Xara program feature suggestions such as "Can you add this functionality to my program" which should be placed in Dear Xara instead.
    IP

Sorry, Pete, I had a brain hiccup. :(

Of course this would be a new feature, or an expansion of the current Keyboard Shortcuts currently in Xara, and not something changed in the Registry.

I'll post this on "Dear Xara", thanks. Although I posted this for another member, I think it would be welcome to list and be able to assign keys to all possible commands.
    IP