Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default It's possible adding a custom clickTAG code in XARA?

I created flash banners for this platform: http://www.sitescout.com/

And not working, here is info:
    ************************************************** *****************************
    Please be advised that some of your Flash banners (campaign #59038) have been denied due to a clickTag issue. This has been done to ensure that you don't experience any problems with your campaign, as the flash ads won't function correctly as is. clickTag is a standard feature within flash that makes it possible to dynamically insert the click URL at the moment your ad is served and ensure that clicks are tracked properly within the SiteScout platform. When building the flash creative, the designer must correctly implement clickTag functionality or one of two things will happen:
    1) The ad will go directly to the landing page because the URL is hard-coded into the file in which case SiteScout cannot track clicks.
    2) The ad will not click through to the landing page at all.
    Solutions:
    a) Check case sensitivity: In many cases, the name is case-sensitive. SiteScout RTB only supports "clickTag". If there is not an exact match (e.g., ClickTag, or clickTAG ), there's a good possibility that the ad will not work.
    b) Check clickTag implementation: clickTag needs to be implemented properly within your flash coding.
    Please note: This refers to the pre-compiled ActionScript code, not the rendered HTML. Check your ActionScript code, and make sure that all instances of clickTag are the same, and are using the proper case. If your SWF file was created by another party, you may need to obtain an updated SWF file, and upload the new file into SiteScout RTB.
    For best results, export SWF files for Flash 8 or 9, using ActionScript 2.0. Newer versions may prevent clickTag from working in some browsers.

Also, please be advised that some of your creatives have been denied because their animations loop more than three times.

- SiteScout Customer Support
    ************************************************** *****************************

It's possible adding a custom clickTAG code in XARA?

Default Re: It's possible adding a custom clickTAG code in XARA?

It's possible adding a custom clickTAG code in XARA?

No, it's not. You have to write some code in Actionscript - you will need Adobe flash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clicktag

Flash is given a parameter that's used to forward the user to the correct location when the ad is clicked.

It should be possible, have you tried the following:

Making the whole animation clickable
    In the "Animation Properties" > "Flash Options" tab you can set a URL to apply to a whole animation. This is useful for banner ads where you want a click on any part of the animation to go to a given web address.
    clickTAG
    clickTAGs are often used by advertising networks. Rather than hard-coding a URL into a Flash animation, the clickTAG allows an organization to insert their own URL into the animation, which is particularly useful for tracking advertising clicks.
    If you need to use this feature, check the clickTAG option.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The Flash code is given a parameter when the page is constructed. When the Flash banner is created, the destination URL is unknown. The flash code uses the parameter to send the user to the correct page.

Unless Xara has grown Actionscript capability, or some very specific feature, then I can't see it happening.

I'm surprised that a Xara-created animation is small enough for a flash advert - every one that I've done has tight size requirements.

Paul, the quote above is from Xara's help file. The clickTAG is inbuilt
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gosh, that's impressive. I didn't know they'd built one in.

Thanks Egg.

Never used it in anger Paul but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. Perhaps Mr Moon can let us know if he gets it working.
    Egg

I'm sure it'll work.