Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Youtube video as pasteboard/background... Can this be done in WD9?

I just found this amazing website for Roberto Cavalli, the Italian designer.

He has this page which has a YouTube video that automatically scales as the background - and works beautifully on any device. Have a look the result is amazing (the video production also has a lot to do with it!).

http://parfums.robertocavalli.com/index_perfume.plp

Can this be done in WD9?!! How?

Many thanks and regards,

Ian

Default Re: Youtube video as pasteboard/background... Can this be done in WD9?

instantly playing sound -is an instant turn off....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Youtube allows you to set autoplay on or off as part of their API. Strangely, it doesn't play instantly on my Nexus 7 tablet, you have to press the play button.

This is the same on all handheld and mobile devices. Autoplaying media is disabled by the device because if media started autoplaying when you went to a website your monthly data download limit would soon be exceeded. As for doing this in Web Designer, no you cannot add a placeholder to the background. If you really wanted to do this then adding a placeholder to the MouseOff layer the size of the page background would be my answer off the top of my head without trying it. You should still be able to place objects on top of it like they have.

Wasn't there a thread a the other day in Off-Topic on how to disable autoplay in browsers....?

For me, sites with autoplaying audio and video are in the same league as animated GIF backgrounds as far as how quickly it takes me to find another website
    Last edited by PeteS; 25 April 2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: extra info

Wasn't there a thread a the other day in Off-Topic on how to disable autoplay in browsers....?
    Yes, here http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-Safari-and-IE

For me, sites with autoplaying audio and video are in the same league as animated GIF backgrounds as far as how quickly it takes me to find another website
    Totally agree.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I rather agree with the topic starter At advertisements this is very powerful like that.

The music disturbs me maximum on the workplace at internet pages At home have no any against of multimedia, can come video and music. It just have to be attractive like here and will not leave the page