Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photography Website in Xara

I understand that Xara has many sliders, but nothing as intricate as you may see on a traditional photography portfolio website. Does anyone have any advice or tips on what and how to integrate something that would work?

Also, is there a way to create password protected areas of a site? Say, I want Customer ABC to be able to view their pictures online, but I don't want EVERYONE to see them. I would give them a password that would allow them to see these photographs. If they type in the wrong password or someone else does, the person will not be allowed to view the photos.

Thank you all for your time. Have a GREAT day!!

Default Re: Photography Website in Xara

Check out WOW Slider http://wowslider.com/

Or Visual Slideshow www.visualslideshow.com

Both of these need a bit of tweaking to add to your website. Basically, you need to save the slide show or slider to a folder on your desktop. Create a placeholder the size of the height and width of the slide show or slider, then copy the Head material from the index file the software creates, and paste it into the Head area of the placeholder object. And you do the same with the body portion created.

When you publish the site the two folders created, Data and Engine need to be in the root directory.

Coffee Cup Software has a product Website Access Manager that can password protect pages on your site.

Monica try out photosnack.com there is a free option and the galleries are html5 so will be seen as intended on mobile phones and it is just a matter of putting some simple code into a placeholder.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Also, is there a way to create password protected areas of a site? Say, I want Customer ABC to be able to view their pictures online, but I don't want EVERYONE to see them. I would give them a password that would allow them to see these photographs. If they type in the wrong password or someone else does, the person will not be allowed to view the photos.
    See http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ing-Question#7
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I use jalbum or Lightroom to create simple galleries.
    I use the online folder controls that my web host has to create password-protected folders that the albums are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    That sounds very good, thanks for it