Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: FTPS support

Default FTPS support

Dear Xara,

In different threads can be read this already on the forums but would like to start one here too, would it be possible to enable the Xara publishing for sites which require strictly only FTPS?

I have an domain for example as Yahoo small business account, this year they changed the process the Xara Designer Pro X is not able to update the site anymore. They propose third party FTP tools but that is so much inconvenient, comparing to that state it was one click with Xara.

As the new Xara web designer came out, probably it is too late, so just hoping in some updates which maybe will include FTPS

Default Re: FTPS support

+1 (I feel dirty every time I upload an entire site to update a single file, since I don't know if an image name has changed in the image folder...)

Count me as another Yahoo! user who would really like to see FTPS implemented. It is very tiresome to have to upload with Filezilla and to figure out which files need to be uploaded. It is certainly doable but it takes the fun out of it.

There was so little else new in version 9 this would have been a good plus to justify the upgrade cost.

Quote Originally Posted by tovokas View Post
    +1 (I feel dirty every time I upload an entire site to update a single file, since I don't know if an image name has changed in the image folder...)
    I agree. If the assets (images) haven't changed, why does every upload create different nnnn.png/jpg filenames?

I would like to have each image given a default Name (filename="nnn"); it can be the initial number nnn.png/jpg to fix the filename.
    Clearly there are rules that would affect the Name:
    1. Move - no change.
    2. Copy & Paste - pasted item - new Name
    3. Resize - perhaps scale down, no change; scale up > 50% - new Name

Just try creating custom bullets without a Name.

I am sure with this a simpler Page Change mechanism could be realised.

Acorn