Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Navigation Bars

Default Navigation Bars

Is there a reason why I would want to use a navigation bar as opposed to creating custom buttons with links to different things on my site? Os is that the same thing?

I hope this makes sense.

Default Re: Navigation Bars

A navigation bar is a standardized menu where all the buttons and buttons states are basically the same. You can choose to have all buttons the same width or all buttons will expand to accommodate the the length of the text. So the HOME button will not be as wide as the ABOUT OUR COMPANY button.

The advantage to this navigation bar is it is easy to update, and to customize and you can have drop down or fly out sub menus.

With a little more effort, you can create your own individual buttons that will give you more creativity. A good example of this is the literal buttons on the Xara Xone website www.xaraxone.com. Each button is different.

Buttons have two states, Mouse Off and Mouse Over. You can have a third state, Mouse Down.

With two state buttons, the Mouse Over button also serves to identify the current page. If you add a Mouse Down state, this state appears when the button is pressed and it also serves to identify the selected page.