Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: WD9 Premium Crashes Often

When I suggested saving a backup, I meant saving to a different filename, not just saving to the same file all the time.

Whenever I work on clients projects I backup my project folder every day and the file I am working on more often than that.

An interesting thread. I thought my one experience with yesterday's blue screen of death while working in the preview version of WD9P was a one-off. Guess it's not unusual. I've been afraid to try it again until getting a serial number issue sorted (which isn't happening with any dispatch, Xara!!!), and I can try using the whole programme. Would you recommend I hold off opening current project files in the new version? I certainly can't afford to lose them.

Why not copy them to a new folder & work on from there. You'll still have your originals.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Why not copy them to a new folder & work on from there. You'll still have your originals.
    No idea if you're responding to my message, but if you are, I'm not so much worried about losing files as I am about the reasons for crashing - for looking up and seeing that Blue Screen of Death. A heart can take just so much! Have we concluded it's a WD9P issue? Does anyone have any info on a fix?

Yes of course I'm responding to your message. I've no idea why your system is giving you a blue screen, only Xara support can possibly assist in this matter. However it's not a common Xara issue, I and many other users use the software every day without any problems along this line.

All I'm suggesting is that you create a duplicate folder of your .web files and work on these then if the crahes continue you've still got the originals.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No body thinks the crashing is acceptable. Eggs advice is perfectly good - a way to help limit any loss while still being able to use WD9.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotstu View Post
    The ticket for my problem was Ticket ID: HMV-304620 but since deleting and reinstalling using the latest download, the trim problem seems to have been fixed. I will give it another few days trial and if all is fine then I will purchase the upgrade. Have used Xara successfully since Webstyle 4
    Still getting crashing when framing a bitmap to it's trim size. I have submitted a further crash report Ticket ID: YUV-962894. This really needs investigating by Xara.

I confess to lurking a little in hopes of finding out about an upgrade pending for Designer Pro... anyone know if it's in the works?

Radiohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohawk View Post
    I confess to lurking a little in hopes of finding out about an upgrade pending for Designer Pro... anyone know if it's in the works?

Radiohawk
    It's killing me. Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to look, because once they released something in the middle of the night. I bought Web Designer Premium 9 to distract myself. And Netobject Fusion 13 - just for something to do! I can't wait!

I am hoping it will be soon, because May is much more Christmassy to me than Christmas, just because the new DP comes out!

Ali

PS I am only fifty six!