Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: WD9 Premium Crashes Often

Thanks PeteS
    I ended up on this thread because I typed in 'CRASHES' in the search box. I was trying to see if there was a similar problem in other software that was crashing the same as my Designer Pro X.
    I have now got multiple support ticket submissions - as previously stated my Pro 7 and Pro X, crash on a daily basis. I would dearly like to find a solution to this problem, one of my employees recently
    lost 3 hours of work in one file when the program crashed totally.
    Is there a ball-park time for the response to come thru from Xara.

PS - Is there a similar thread in action at the moment related to crashes on Designer Pro X.

Dave

one of my employees recently lost 3 hours of work in one file when the program crashed totally.

Management should be teaching the old mantra: Save early, save often.

I wish I had thought of that Pauland - when the program crashed it overwrote the backup and wiped it out - we have our backups set at 10 min intervals. I have seen this happen only once before, with PRO 7 I lost an entire file in a similar crash.
    Don't ask me how or why this happens, but it has, and now for the second time. These two incidents were on seperate PC's. Incidentally this crash was not an ACCESS VIOLATION EXCEPTION, the program simply locked us out and could only be closed by using Task Manager.
    Usually with an ACCESS VIOLATION EXCEPTION, the program on reboot allows you to access the backup file, not in this case, the file was still there but was inaccessable.
    Hence the reason we are seriously in need of some help here. We cannot afford to have files disappear on us.

Dave

@Badgercards, please let me know a ticket ID that you have submitted so the support team can chase it up, thanks.

It does make me wonder just how many support tickets Xara receives every day. I can't remember ever requesting support because of a program malfunction. I think I made two support calls because of licencing. Xara software seems very reliable and the current WD9 problems unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    It does make me wonder just how many support tickets Xara receives every day. I can't remember ever requesting support because of a program malfunction. I think I made two support calls because of licencing. Xara software seems very reliable and the current WD9 problems unusual.
    I agree - being a Xara user since its initial beta tests the program has been exceptional. It is only PRO 7 and PRO X, with windows 7 64 bit, that is proving unstable - it might not be XARA, but that is the primary reason for this search on the Forums for similar problems or any one else that is experiencing the same.

Thanks for your ever helpful responses.

Thanks PeteS

Here are the ticket ID'S - ESO-138477, TQP-971167, WLA-620768

Hope these are of some help.

Dave

I am finding it's much more stable since the update. I still have the occasional crash, but compared to what I am doing to the program I think it copes exceedingly well.

@Badgercards, the support team have replied to your open tickets now.

I'll just chime in as I now have begun seeing crashes after using it about 1 week (latest version and rev).

I'm running a high-end graphics PC with Win64.

And although I "save, save; save" my files all the time, this recent crash created a "zero-byte" file for my .web.

So...I could not recover anything!! I tried to open a backup file and it too was mangled...yukkk

Nothing fancy about my site, just using standard layouts and widgets???. Rebuilding time...

Thoughts...? Solutions??

JOhn