Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: WD9 Premium Crashes Often

Quote Originally Posted by tomsbs View Post
    Thanks for your assistance.
    Quite - thanks.
    I'm trying to help isolate the problem with you.
    My project was properly created with older Xara Web Designer and worked flawlessly before WD9.
    There's never been a 64bit version before, so another suggestion I have is to install the 32bit version of WD9 to see if the problem occurs there as well..

Good luck with Xara support, you're in good hands there. I'll be interested to know the final outcome.

Just as an addition to this thread - I have been using Xara since its Beta stage, the recent Designer Pro 7 and Pro X, are proving to be unstable also.
    We get Violation Error close downs on a daily basis. We also use Windows 7 64 bit, but we did not get these errors when using XARA pro 4.
    There are no clear indications as to why the closures occur - we are now sending the info to Xara support.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'm trying to help isolate the problem with you.
    Sledger - I still plan to try your suggestion. I am just busy writing up a package for Xara support as my first priority. If the 32 bit version works, that would be great as I won't have to wait for an update. I sincerely appreciate your input. I will let you know know either way.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    @tomsbs, Xara support have replied to you now, could you reply to them with the information they have requested so they continue to assist you. Thanks.
    I submitted ticket for this, Ticket ID#: ODM-700038.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    @Artyboots, Scotstu and tomsbs - have all submitted tickets to Xara's support team regarding these issues?

If you have please tell me the ticket ID's that you submitted regarding these issues.

Also, please make sure that you have installed the latest patch update that was released yesterday (18th April) and see whether you are still encountering the same problems.

Remember that in order to best assist you with this, they'll need to know the exact steps that you take to reproduce the problem. Does it only happen with a particular file, or if you open a new file from scratch are you still able to cause the same problem etc.
    The ticket for my problem was Ticket ID: HMV-304620 but since deleting and reinstalling using the latest download, the trim problem seems to have been fixed. I will give it another few days trial and if all is fine then I will purchase the upgrade. Have used Xara successfully since Webstyle 4

I have used WD9 for about a week everyday on 8-10 websites ranging from 4-50 plus pages and I have not have one single crash so far.

Quote Originally Posted by camelot217 View Post
    I have used WD9 for about a week everyday on 8-10 websites ranging from 4-50 plus pages and I have not have one single crash so far.
    Are you using Windows 7, 64 bit?

Badgercards, could you submit a support ticket to Xara's support team so they can assit you. Provide them with all relevant information (eg when the problem you encounter occurs, whether you are able to reproduce the problem consistenly following specific steps, whether it only happens if you are working in a particular document, or any etc). Your problem sounds off topic to the OP, especially if you're using a different version.

This thread isn't intended to be a substitute for support provided by Xara, nor is it a general thread for all Xara support requests

I worked with Xara support this morning. They worked with my project file. My project is 20 pages with a number of photos. They suggested using the "Optimize All Photos" command, which I did. My project file size shrank from 32mB to 5 mB, as you might expect.

Since I did that I have been unable to make my project crash. So it looks like that might have done the trick. Also some other annoying behaviour went away and things just feel more stable.

I don't believe there was anything wrong with my project in the first place, but something about all those images caused WD9 to choke. Hopefully the programmers can add some code to prevent further problems. There is also the possiblity the optimization process cleaned up an issue with a bad image file.

I am cautiously optimistic I can get some work done now.

I am very impressed with Xara support. They responed quickly and professionally. Also thanks to the users on this forum who are so willing to donate their time to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by BADGERCARDS View Post
    Are you using Windows 7, 64 bit?
    Yes I am.