Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: WD9 Premium Crashes Often

Hi

I am new to the forums but have been using Xara software for years the Webdesigner MX version 8 premium worked great but lacked some of the new features in WD V9 Premium I have the 32 bit version running on Win XP Pro and have experienced exactly the same issues i lost the webiste and had to find it from the backups and rename it in a different folder and re-publish i have optimised the images the file size is 15MB with 9 pages although i have managed to publish at times other times when i make a few minor modifications and save it is ok as soon as i try to re-publish I get internal program error 1032.k.pu.op amd access violation exception at 0x0221004d the only way to get out is stop it from the task bar next time i run the WDV9 my files are lost again and the whole cycle of opening up a recent back up again and re-saving re- publishing and internal errors again there is something seriously wrong here i can run my WDV8 version no problem so its not my pc ? it crashes so often please help this sounds exactly the same problem as this post i am posting too

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by BADGERCARDS View Post
    I wish I had thought of that Pauland - when the program crashed it overwrote the backup and wiped it out - we have our backups set at 10 min intervals. I have seen this happen only once before, with PRO 7 I lost an entire file in a similar crash.
    Don't ask me how or why this happens, but it has, and now for the second time. These two incidents were on seperate PC's. Incidentally this crash was not an ACCESS VIOLATION EXCEPTION, the program simply locked us out and could only be closed by using Task Manager.
    Usually with an ACCESS VIOLATION EXCEPTION, the program on reboot allows you to access the backup file, not in this case, the file was still there but was inaccessable.
    Hence the reason we are seriously in need of some help here. We cannot afford to have files disappear on us.

Dave

It's killing me. Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to look, because once they released something in the middle of the night.

I think a bit more time with the computer turned off would help. It's only software, not real life.

I do not think that V9 (either version 32 bit or 64 bit) is ready for prime time yet.