Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Layers or Slide Gallery

Hi,

I use Web Designer 7 and have a website devoted to fuchsias which has over 300 photos. Each fuchsia photo has a name so these are spread out over 26 pages in alphabetical order.

They are currently viewed with one of the built in slideshows e.g www.fuchsiaflower.co.uk/gallery/gallerya.htm

They seem to lose a bit of quality this way and wondered if it was feasible to use popup layers instigated by clicking on a text link (the name), bearing in mind that one page has over 30 photos on it.

I realise 30 popups on just one page needs careful handling, but would these use less memory compared against the slideshow which has a thumbnail and the full size image?

Thanks anyone,
    Richy

Default Re: Layers or Slide Gallery

Pop-ups should work fine. I have not used more than 12 but it does work and it gives you more design flexibility.

On my home page www.gwpriester.com, the logo, illustration, etc. galleries all use pop-up layers.

Thanks for that.

Can you tell me if there is tweak somewhere to allow popup effects i.e. fade, sliding, etc. for WD7. It was the flexibility I was looking for.

Richy

I don't have WD 7 installed anymore, but create a new layer, then right click on the title bar and then Layer Properties.

Select Pop-up Settings. Then select Fade from the drop down list, specify a time, the press Apply.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	layer properties.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	95628  

There is no Pop-up effect in WD 7, which why I wondered if there was a tweak.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	95632

Ah, I just checked, this option is only in Web Designer 7 Premium. Sorry about that. You can download a trial copy of Web Designer 7 Premium here http://www.xara.com/us/downloads/webdesigner/

You cannot purchase Web Designer 7 Premium any longer, only the latest version which is now Web Designer 9 Premium so it may be a good time to upgrade www.xara.com/products/webdesigner/buy