Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Responsive Websites

Has anyone edited a WD site yet to become responsive? If you have, what is the site? and... are you just adding the "responsive" criteria into the CSS source in the HTML code or what?

Default Re: Responsive Websites

If anyone reading is wondering what "responsive website" means....... Here's a link that explains it. It seems to be the growing demand for this style now because webviews via mobile phones are on the rise......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSoWg29wPVc and here is a good example site... Grab/hold the right edge of your browser window and move slowly to the left, watch the site change as the window decreases in width. Decrease to the width of your smartphone and look how it's all a vertical scroll to view all information, rather than swiping around on the screen face to read and see everything. It's very mobile and desktop friendly one in the same..... http://designedtomove.org/
    Last edited by teaser; 15 April 2013 at 02:37 PM.

The simple answer to your question is that xara cannot produce responsive websites. We all wish they did but they don't. We go with wordpress for our responsive sites.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Is it possible to create 2 sites, one regular and one iPhone size and put code in Header Code section that if device is mobile to load the iPhone size site?

I've been using Wordpress more and more lately because clients want responsive sites. Now have to decide if it is worth upgrading from 8 Premium to 9 Premium since I am not doing as many sites with Xara.

You guys should try typing in the word "responsive" or "mobile" in the TG search box. There's already been a ton of discussion about mobile and responsiveness.

Where have you been? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    You guys should try typing in the word "responsive" or "mobile" in the TG search box. There's already been a ton of discussion about mobile and responsiveness.

Where have you been? ;-)
    Sorry... I haven't been on forum for awhile... jumped on to read feedback on new version and saw this thread, so thought I would post here... I'll do a search and find answer to my question in another thread...

Use this format: responsive websites site:talkgraphics.com

Google does a better job searching the site than the TG search box.

Thanks GW... I'll give that a try.