Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: horizontal repeating top header image AND tiled background image

For top margin:-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	margin.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	95849

<style>
    #xr_xr {
    margin-top:10px;
    }</style>

Change margin-top to suit
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

@Artyboots: It is possible and quite easy to have both a seamless tiling background and a banner object that tiles seamlessly across the page in WD9P. You will need to create your own banner object and make sure it will tile horizontally. The trick is to place your banner object on the pasteboard background layer and then you can right click it and get an option to set it to fill the browser width.

Here are the steps:
    1. Set your repeating tiled background
    2. Create your banner object making sure it will tile seamlessy horizontally.
    3. Expand page and layer gallery and unlock the pasteboard background layer
    4. Drag your banner object from the mouse off layer to the pasteboard background layer.
    5. Right click the banner object and select fill browser width
    6. Re-lock the pasteboard background layer.

and I have also attached a .web file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    @Artyboots: It is possible and quite easy to have both a seamless tiling background and a banner object that tiles seamlessly across the page in WD9P. You will need to create your own banner object and make sure it will tile horizontally. The trick is to place your banner object on the pasteboard background layer and then you can right click it and get an option to set it to fill the browser width.

Here are the steps:
    1. Set your repeating tiled background
    2. Create your banner object making sure it will tile seamlessy horizontally.
    3. Expand page and layer gallery and unlock the pasteboard background layer
    4. Drag your banner object from the mouse off layer to the pasteboard background layer.
    5. Right click the banner object and select fill browser width
    6. Re-lock the pasteboard background layer.

and I have also attached a .web file

You're not called Angel for nothing! THanks so much. You know, I hadn't noticed the fill browser width on the right click. I absolutely love this version of Xara Web Designer Premium. There are pleasant surprises around every corner.

Thanks also to Zaphodeist for reminding me about how to pull the page down. I've bought every truly Xara product since CorelXara. You would think I would have learned something by now!

Huge gratitude to my lovely helpers.

Ali