Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    314

    Default Mental block filling in text

    Hello,

    Yes, once again I have gone mad and forgotten how to work my own programs. Have pity, guys.

    I am using an outline font. It looks like typewriter keys, well not really, but you know what I mean. The background is black and the text is seethrough of course - it's a font. I want the text in the black "keys" to be white. What is the easiest way to "colour in" the text in the middle of an outline font. Is it to mask? I can't remember, but haven't got time to experiment at the moment.

    THANKS!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fill in font.png 
Views:	163 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	95593  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Mental block filling in text

    PS XARA PLEASE FOR GOODNESS SAKE LET US BUY THE NEW VERSION OF DESIGNER PRO BECAUSE I AM LOVING THE NEW FEATURES IN WEB DESIGNER PREMIUM 9 BUT NEED A BUNCH OF TOOLS IN DESIGNER PRO. PLEASE?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    695

    Default Re: Mental block filling in text

    A new version of Designer Pro has not been released yet, so you cannot purchase it. No details of when it will be released have been made available yet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Mental block filling in text

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    A new version of Designer Pro has not been released yet, so you cannot purchase it. No details of when it will be released have been made available yet.
    Pete. I know. I am kidding. And wishing.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Mental block filling in text

    Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    What is the easiest way to "colour in" the text in the middle of an outline font. Is it to mask? I can't remember, but haven't got time to experiment at the moment.
    You will need to use DPX for this

    [1] Draw a rectangle to cover the text line and colour it
    [2] Send to back
    [3] Select all and press CTRL+2
    [4] Arrange>>Break Shapes to remove the bits in between words
    [5] There is no 5 - you should be done

    (I don't have the same font, but the same process works for all hollow fonts)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-13_062452.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	95595

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Mental block filling in text

    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You will need to use DPX for this

    [1] Draw a rectangle to cover the text line and colour it
    [2] Send to back
    [3] Select all and press CTRL+2
    [4] Arrange>>Break Shapes to remove the bits in between words
    [5] There is no 5 - you should be done

    (I don't have the same font, but the same process works for all hollow fonts)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-13_062452.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	95595
    Sledge you are a star. I only need to remove the white left over bits between but this should work. Will try and report back. Many thanks!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Mental block filling in text

    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You will need to use DPX for this

    [1] Draw a rectangle to cover the text line and colour it
    [2] Send to back
    [3] Select all and press CTRL+2
    [4] Arrange>>Break Shapes to remove the bits in between words
    [5] There is no 5 - you should be done

    (I don't have the same font, but the same process works for all hollow fonts)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-04-13_062452.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	95595
    Newp. I must be doing something wrong. I want the text to look exactly as it does, but fill the holes in with white instead of their being see through. But this method is leaving the wrong things cut out. Also, breaking apart just destroys the image, not preserves the text. Please could you help further? Thanks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Mental block filling in text

    Hi

    Manually made little rounded rectangle blocks of white and just grouped them behind the text. Fiddly but didn't take long. Still wondering whether I could have automated it...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Mental block filling in text

    You're not going to be able to do this without destroying the font as edible text, the only way to achieve it is graphical and by converting (at some point) to shapes.

    Other than this, just put a small white shape behind each letter.

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •