Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD9 - Browser always zooms into top left corner when viewed on mobile devices

Hi!

I've built a website using WD9 using the new pasteboard image that fills the users browser. It works great on a regular PC browser, but behaves rather differently on mobile devices.

I have tested it on Chrome on Android and Safari on iPad and iPhone, and it always opens the page zoomed into the top left corner of the browser, when I'm expecting that pages opens with the image filling the screen.

If I double-tap the image, it scales to fit then and works fine.

Does anyone know why this feature behaves differently on the mobile devices?

BTW, I set my page size (in Page Options) to 1920 x 1080 (I am catering for high-res displays) - but as I said, why won't the image fill the browser screen regardless of size?

Many thanks!

Ian

Default Re: WD9 - Browser always zooms into top left corner when viewed on mobile devices

[1] Not all mobile browsers support CSS3 (used for the auto filling stretching effect)
    [2] Zooming to 100% and top-left is intended behaviour.

If you want to change this behaviour select any object on the page and in the Names.. dialogue enter NoViewportMeta and apply.

Best practice is to create a site for mobile devices.

Default Re: WD9 - Browser always zooms into top left corner when viewed on mobile devices

Hi Sledger,

Thanks again for a fast and valuable reply! Your help is MUCH appreciated!

I get your point about mobile devices. I have, admittedly, focused on a design more for the desktop. Does WD9 contain any features that specifically address mobile devices?

The extent of my web design knowledge is only that through building sites with WD7 and up, and then other stuff I've gleaned along the way.

Do you know of any good resources to learn about mobile web design you can recommend?

Many thanks and regards,

Ian