Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website for e-book and print book sales

http://jon404.com

Made this with Xara Designer Pro over a year ago... replacing pages made with Microsoft Front Page. After three years of selling books via Barnes & Noble and Amazon, am now reaching my business goal of making 75% of all sales from my own website... as unencrypted PDF downloads.

Very pleased that XDP let me design my pages exactly as I wanted... and without getting bogged down in HTML coding! I didn't need anything complicated, luckily... just a simple set of static pages that present my products and make it easy for customers to buy them. Thanks, Xara!
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Default Re: Website for e-book and print book sales

Hi Jonathon. I like your site and appreciate the work involved in building it. My main criticism is that it is a bit cramped, particularly on the home page. Perhaps you could lengthen the pages and space out the elements on the page so it is a bit easier on the eye. When I click on the books on the homepage I am taken to other pages/websites that are not in the style of the homepage. This doesnt work for me. Perhaps you could make these pages relate to your Xara site a bit more. The links at the top of the page (Sortstar, Kindle, Artwork etc) may look better as a navigation bar rather than just linked words and help to evoke more spaciousness on the page. You will also need to optimise your site to be found in search engines, and there is a couple of threads about that on this forum that you might find useful. Cheers, Abi