Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Coming Soon Website Design

I like the fact that this design has a warmer feel to it. I like the "the Diamonds are coming" catch phrase too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I'm very cautious when McAfee gives me a warning like this. The last time it happened and I said, nah, go for it, I got some AdWords like utility that underlined words in the text which made me fear I had infected one of my client's sites.
    Yeah, I can understand your concern about something like that. I'm not sure about McAfee, because I haven't used it in years (just read a lot about it), but one thing Avast does very well is block sites from making changes to the computer. I've had it catch a few sites that I visited recently. It didn't block the site itself, but it DID block the attempted script/installation of whatever was hidden on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I like the fact that this design has a warmer feel to it. I like the "the Diamonds are coming" catch phrase too.
    Thanks! We're much happier with it and I'm glad you feel the design is warmer. The longer we look at it, the more we like it. Of course, sitting here as a group and staring at the screen for hours (and not doing much else) is what we do. We're big believers in the "hardly working" part of "working hard or hardly working".

Kidding, kidding. Kind of.

I really like the site. The bold colour scheme makes the site look very elegant and professional. I look forward to seeing the completed site.

Quote Originally Posted by Abikadabra View Post
    I really like the site. The bold colour scheme makes the site look very elegant and professional. I look forward to seeing the completed site.
    Thanks much! We're still working on integrating a MailChimp newsletter form throughout the network of sites. I'm glad you like the design! We appreciate your comments

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I use MailChimp, I like them a lot. I have a MailChimp sign up form integrated into my own Xara made site and my Facebook business page as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I would rethink the colour scheme personally. The site looks dated, have a look at websites from professional companies and see what they are doing: http://www.awwwards.com/ or http://www.thebestdesigns.com/ you'll see that the trend is towards 'light' sites with lots of literal white space. Your potential clients will visit lots of web designers sites and will compare yours against theirs and people these days spend a lot of time on the net viewing sites and will get almost a sixth sense about site design and will judge your site within a few seconds.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    I would rethink the colour scheme personally. The site looks dated, have a look at websites from professional companies and see what they are doing: http://www.awwwards.com/ or http://www.thebestdesigns.com/ you'll see that the trend is towards 'light' sites with lots of literal white space. Your potential clients will visit lots of web designers sites and will compare yours against theirs and people these days spend a lot of time on the net viewing sites and will get almost a sixth sense about site design and will judge your site within a few seconds.
    Thanks for the input, we appreciate it! I agree that there is a trend toward that type of site at the moment. I say at the moment, because I personally believe that's the influence of Apple on design...or what I call (again, in my opinion only) the "dentist office aesthetic". Trends, as it happens, have a tendency to wane, though, and that's where our in-house aesthetic, such as it is, comes from.

While it is true that many of the sites displayed in the links you thoughtfully provided do show that kind of design sensibility, there are a good number of them, such as the Mooseheads Pub site, that do not use that look and feel at all. In fact, they’re quite crowded…almost too much, in my opinion, risking crossing the line from cool into confusion for the end-user, all in the name of being "artsy". In my opinion that's just as bad as wasting valuable real estate on too much white (or black) space and not focusing on the user experience no matter what color scheme and layout style is being used.

Again, this is all my opinion. And don't forget, this is our temporary site, not our permanent one--although the permanent one doesn't use that aesthetic either, so I'm guessing you probably won't like that one either. But that's why we love opinions; gives us something to think about...and we will.

Again, thanks for your comments, we really do appreciate it!

Best,
    RDS
    Diamond Pacific Media Group

Skech...

One question. I like the site you created for JE Steward. What widget did you use for the slider? Looks terrific!

Best,
    RDS
    Diamond Pacific Media Group