Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: No FTPS in WD9

Default No FTPS in WD9

I was surprised to find that FTPS was not implemented in WD9. This shouldn't be a big deal to do. My last web designer supported FTPS 10 years ago! I publish to Yahoo! which requires FTPS. Now I have to go another year publishing with Filezilla, which is very inconvenient. This is the only feature I really wanted. There is nothing else new in this version that I need so it was a waste of money.

With so few other new features, this would have been a huge plus for this upgrade.
    Last edited by tomsbs; 07 April 2013 at 05:49 PM.

Default Re: No FTPS in WD9

I agree, I was fully expecting an SFTP option with this iteration. Maybe someone here can explain why this option is not, or can not, be implemented, as there are many requests for it on this forum.

Andy is correct in that SFTP (Secure FTP), rather than FTPS, is the correct way to refer to it. I stand corrected.

Is there a possibility it will be added in version 9.1? Or do we have to wait until version 10?

I read that other web site hosts are moving to SFTP as well, so it's time for this to be included in XARA.

Xara Web Designer 9 has already been released.
    To help convince the Developers that FTPS is necessary I'd make a post in the Dear Xara.. forum

BTW: FTPS and SFTP are not the same thing
    Yahoo are using FTPS