Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Placeholder

Default Re: Placeholder

You don't need to start from scratch, just make sure the files are re-associated with the file in v9
    select an object > Web Properties > Link tab > Link to File > Select File > Click Apply > Select 'Do Nothing' > OK

I'm working on it. Guess my thought that the program looks in the directory it is in to find the files. I know it finds all the .gif's and midi's and actually finds the .jar executable. So it must be the .class file it can't find even though it is in the same directory. I will try to link to the .class file.

Well I linked the .jar, .class, bgcopy class. v9 tries to play the applet, but fails. V9 finds everything, all the .gif's, midi's, .jpg's and plays or displays all of them, with the exception of the background image that is supposed to go into the rectangle that V9 tries to display but fails. Go back to my first two pics, the placeholder I Used was a text object not a shape, V9 generated the rectangle you see in the second pic. Now unless V9 does not generate a rectangle no matter what the placeholder is then it is trying to run the applet, but fails. Is it time to start from scratch yet?

Downloaded the 32 bit version and installed it. It works but the 64 bit version does not work.

Uninstalled the 64 bit version. Reinstalled the 64 bit version, imported the file, ran the program, V9 will not run the applet. the 32 bit version runs it fine. The 64 bit version tries to run it, because it tries to put the right size rectangle on the page, but fails. It could be that it does not run correctly on Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 10 even though the 32 bit version does. Uninstalling the 64 bit version, and after a few days to cool off may try it only one more time.

I'm having trouble following this thread. Version 9 runs nothing, it's your installed version of IE that runs it in preview.

You say that the 32 bit version works but, if you preview your page in v9 32 bit and then, in the preview window, click the Internet Explorer icon to launch the standalone browser, does the applet work in that too? It sounds to me like the 64 bit version of the IE web browser control is unhappy about running Java for some reason. Can you submit a support ticket at support.xara.com and upload your document so we can take a look (zip up the .web file and the supporting files folder)?

Gerry

I open Web Designer 32 bit, load the file, export the file, click the Preview whole website. The file works in the preview window. I then click the IE stand alone and the file runs there also.
    I then close the 32 bit Web Designer and Open the 64 bit, load the file, export the file, click the Preview whole website, it does not work. I then click the IE stand alone and the 64 bit file runs.
    The file does not run from the 64 bit Preview window even though the indications are that it tries.

PROBLEM SOLVED; All it took was to install the 64 bit version of java. Sorry for all the inconvenience, it's an age related problem.