Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Facelift

Default Re: Facelift

The application for creating the 3D rotation is http://cu3ox.com/. Free with ads. I got it for $17US on promotion.

It is Flash and hence it does not work in mobile devices (a pox on Apple). And this is why I added the eyeball as the first image knowing that this is what will display on Flash challenged devices.

The hand over the g icon is in the web design section.

Boy - good catch. Fixed now.

Thanks for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It is Flash and hence it does not work in mobile devices (a pox on Apple).
    As I said, it works fine on my Android (Samsung S2) phone and using Dolphin browser (Chrome clone).

As I said, it works fine on my Android (Samsung S2) phone and using Dolphin browser (Chrome clone).
    Cool. But what is the percentage of people using the Dolphin browser?

Very cool Gary, I like it !
    As for browsers under Android, I use Chrome for Android most often, or Opera for Android.
    I didn't like the Dolphin browser so I uninstalled it. Just personal preference.

I like the facelift Gary. I really love the simple elegance of your web designs, combined with the creative quirks, such as mousing over a black and white image and getting a larger image that is in colour. These are the things that give a site a more professional feeling, and I wish I could do that stuff!
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Looks great nice and clean!

Really like the site. The flash cube is very good and really catches my attention. On the pages I would move the text below the thumbnails down to give the site a good feeling of space, seems to be scrunched up there at the moment with a big slab of white beneath it.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I like the design, Gary. I also like Flash, but unfortunately, as you said, "pox" on Apple...but it is what it is. It might be worthwhile to see if you can find an HTML5-type effect that matches the Flash one, so that everyone who visits your site can enjoy the dramatic presentation you created!

Just my two-cents (what would that be in the UK?)

Best,
    RDS
    Diamond Pacific Media Group

Just my two-cents (what would that be in the UK?)
    I have no idea. I live in New Mexico. You're probably not aware of us because it's the state the weatherman always stands in front of as he points to Texas, then to Arizona and California.

I do use a product, Visual Slide Show which is non Flash and works in all browsers and devices. But this was such a cool effect and for those with Flash challenged devices, they can see the simple visual.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I have no idea. I live in New Mexico. You're probably not aware of us because it's the state the weatherman always stands in front of as he points to Texas, then to Arizona and California.

Au contraire, we LOVE New Mexico! One of my best friends lives in Albuquerque. Santa Fe is just a beautiful city, too, and we enjoy visiting it. We're in Los Angeles, so we know that weatherman stance

I do use a product, Visual Slide Show which is non Flash and works in all browsers and devices. But this was such a cool effect and for those with Flash challenged devices, they can see the simple visual.
    I'll check out Visual Slide Show. Does it allow you to embed hyperlinks?

Best,
    RDS
    Diamond Pacific Media Group