Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Cool Completely rebuilt site

I've completely redone my Sunwings.info site. New graphics, colour scheme, etc. You'll notice I've turned the site into a shopping site and I'm selling .xar files, but this thread is solely for discussing the site design it's self.

For any questions regarding sunwings products please use the contact links at Sunwings.info

http://www.sunwings.info
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Completely rebuilt site

I had not seen the previous site, Frances but this does look good, I personally would work on the spacing between columns and also there is a large expanse of white on the footer. A great idea for the site by the way. The logo is brilliant, I really like the font you have used.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Looks clean and fun.

The logo kind of just sits there though. A soft shadow might lift it off the page a bit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadow.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	98479  

Thanks Skech and Gary I've now added some extra space between the columns and after some investigation I found that the place holder for the G+ badge was oversized and part of it extended below the bottom of the page causing the expanse of white background below the footer. I've got that all sorted now.
    I was going for a clean flat look, but I have been thinking about using a shadow to raise the logo off the page a bit.

Oh and the font for the logo, and the headings is called Winona Pro. It's a web font I purchased in a collection from Softmaker.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

If you follow Gary's suggestion for the shadow do so just on the butterfly.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I was just doing that exact thing I think it looks great, almost as if the butterfly has just landed on the text. Thanks to both of you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Frances, I like it. A couple of things though it looks like you pasted the link tags into the links properties for the affiliate links(including the one in the footer) therefore breaking the links. The contact icon is covering part of the Terms and Conditions link, I am using Firefox 23 see screenshot. The Terms and Conditions text in the footer is not linked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	98488  

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    The contact icon is covering part of the Terms and Conditions link, I am using Firefox 23 see screenshot.
    The same happens in Chrome.

Nice site, Angelize. I like the Winona font you used for the Sun Wings logo but I find it is less suitable for the headers. I saw it described as a historical font and I feel it gives your site a bit of a dated look. Hope you do not mind me saying this.

Thanks James and Boy

Affiliate links fixed and I've changed the heading font. I think it looks much cleaner now. Thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I think it looks much cleaner now.
    I agree.