Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Random photos i took

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randoms 3 018.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	95386Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	95387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	95388

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Default Re: Random photos i took

First thing I think you should not use all caps as it looks like you're shouting.
    Second thing, can you tell us more?
    These look like snapshots from your smartphone..

2 are from a smart phone, 1 is done with a nikon tho, just random photos, which i though was the point of this part of the forums??

Well sure, post some nice photos by all means - though personally if I have a great photo I want to share I would also say a little about it and probably mention something about the camera for other photography enthusiasts interest. Especially if you'd like to receive comments
    For example, you have isolated the coloured coke can from the rest of the photo which is now grey-scaled. This is what, post processing or a filter in your smartphone or Nikon?

I missed the editing on the colorful Coke can at first. Once you get those two photos loaded it's fun to go back and forth between the two.

I used a similar effect for mouse over effects here http://www.placitasartists.com/ Mouse over the thumbnail images.

And I like the simplicity of the flower photo.

I like these.

-sledger, Thanks for comment sorry, i will deffinatly post more information about the photos in the future, the coke can one, is actually edited afterwards, had some app on the phone to do it,
    gepriester- Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3084.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	96764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3085.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	96765Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3086.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	96766Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3105.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	96767

Took them with a nikon, no editing done to any of them, was just abit bored the one afternoon,

was just abit bored the one afternoon

You really know how to sell those images.

The colourful flower could look really interesting, but it shows how easy it is to detract from the subject with a bad camera angle, or with things that have nothing to do with the subject getting in the way.

First photograph. Not a great angle on the subject and it half looks like a photograph of the house with the flower getting in the way.

Second photograph - perhaps not the best angle but no doubt about the subject, but now I'm looking at someone chatting over the garden wall.

Third photograph, OK, but to the right I'm looking at a pole and block wall.

Fourth photograph. Why are you showing us that? If the plant was meant to be the subject, why not move it off the brick wall and well away from the pole?

So, in my opinion, taking more care about what is the subject and what isn't ( and needn't be seen) will improve your photographs greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Southafrican View Post
    Took them with a nikon,
    Nikon produce many dozens of models in various product ranges, which model have you used?
    Saying "Took them with a Nikon" is like saying "Made this in Xara".. Nikon, like Xara - is the company name.

Quote Originally Posted by Southafrican View Post
    no editing done to any of them
    It is a mistake to think that professional photographers don't post-process. They generally shoot RAW and process in ACR or Lightroom (or Aperture)
    Letting the camera process your JPGs is almost as bad as it was taking your film to a 1hour developing shop.

If you camera has Av mode (aperture priority) try this instead of Auto or P (program)
    Your first photo above could have been much nicer if you had set the camera to Av and opened the aperture right up (lowest F number) as this would have blurred out the background leaving the Bird of Paradise flower isolated as the main subject you intended.
    See ► http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vRYsSPa321...ise+flower.JPG

Thanks for the comment! as I always want to hear the things i can improve on, Iv actually basiclly just started with it, so still learning curve for me, but do enjoy photography!
    Ill keep in mind what you said for in future and try use it, to get the angles correctly

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    was just abit bored the one afternoon

You really know how to sell those images.

The colourful flower could look really interesting, but it shows how easy it is to detract from the subject with a bad camera angle, or with things that have nothing to do with the subject getting in the way.

First photograph. Not a great angle on the subject and it half looks like a photograph of the house with the flower getting in the way.

Second photograph - perhaps not the best angle but no doubt about the subject, but now I'm looking at someone chatting over the garden wall.

Third photograph, OK, but to the right I'm looking at a pole and block wall.

Fourth photograph. Why are you showing us that? If the plant was meant to be the subject, why not move it off the brick wall and well away from the pole?

So, in my opinion, taking more care about what is the subject and what isn't ( and needn't be seen) will improve your photographs greatly.