Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Random photos i took

Howz it Sledger, Its a Nikon S3100, so im not sure i can change those settings, but will defiantly try it

Thanks for the comments and advice

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Nikon produce many dozens of models in various product ranges, which model have you used?
    Saying "Took them with a Nikon" is like saying "Made this in Xara".. Nikon, like Xara - is the company name.

It is a mistake to think that professional photographers don't post-process. They generally shoot RAW and process in ACR or Lightroom (or Aperture)
    Letting the camera process your JPGs is almost as bad as it was taking your film to a 1hour developing shop.

If you camera has Av mode (aperture priority) try this instead of Auto or P (program)
    Your first photo above could have been much nicer if you had set the camera to Av and opened the aperture right up (lowest F number) as this would have blurred out the background leaving the Bird of Paradise flower isolated as the main subject you intended.
    See ► http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vRYsSPa321...ise+flower.JPG

Ah, thanks.
    Yes - this model is no more than very simple and slim PnS which has no manual settings at all.
    A happy snapper

Its a Nikon S3100, so im not sure i can change those settings

The camera is a budget consumer point-and-shoot, so you aren't going to have access to the options that sledger suggests. Usually the word "Nikon" would make people think you have a DSLR (Digital SLR), which has a lot more control and options than a consumer camera.

It doesn't mean you can't get great shots, it just means you have to work within the limitations of the camera.

One of sledger's suggestions was about depth-of-field and to a point you can fake that with Xara (by combining two images and blurring and masking one to make the illusion).

I think that the real secret to taking good photographs is developing an eye for composition and lighting, rather than having a fancy camera. I'm not a great photographer.

We look forward to seeing your work Adalson.

The last two images indicated some background editing and modification.

I knew you were a spammer from the start.

Time you were banned and your spamming posts deleted.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.