Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

Help please! I have put up my new Xara designed website at http://www.radiohof.org/index.htm

The problem I'm having is this. The previous website at radiohof.org had a main page titled "index.php". Mine thru Xara is "index.htm".

I figured out how to get people to get to the new page on the main menu at museum.tv by directing the menu to http://www.radiohof.org/index.htm

But, now how do I get direct visitors to www.radiohof.org to visit if my main page is ".htm"?

Thanks,

Default Re: Help!

The server has an index priority loading order. This may be something like index.php, index.html, index.htm, index.asp etc. It looks for the first one and if it finds it, it loads it, if not looks for the second and so on.

You could try renaming the index.php file to something else, maybe index1.php and see if that works. If not, you can edit the .htaccess file if it has one or create one in a text editor and upload it to your site in the same directory as your index.htm page.

If you edit it, you want to look for a line that starts with:

DirectoryIndex

and it may look something like:

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm

you want to move the index.htm to be the first one so it looks like:

DirectoryIndex index.htm index.php index.html

just moving index.htm to the beginning of the list and save it.

If it isn't there, you can just add that line to a new file and save it as .htaccess (that is dot htaccess, the dot is important!) and upload it to the directory where the index.htm file is.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Default Re: Help!

/index.htm is loading by default.
    Isn't this what you want?