Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: March 2013 Video tutorial: Creating Neon and other Noble Gases

That's okay. There's a very high turnover in the fast food industry due to poor management and low profit margins.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's a photo, part of a personal series I was doing on signs in Central New York—that I messed up big-time* to make early morning look like twilight (if you use your imagination a lot).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12e3b6b55df02bec71eebc45fa9884a8.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	95503

If anyone wants to light this sign up as I covered in this month's tutorial, go for it!

My Best,

-g

*I applied DFT 55mm Effects plug-in "Day For Night" and I don't think this works in Xara, then Flaming Pear Glitterato plug-in for the stars ad finally Flaming Pear LunarCell for the moon.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Gare; 09 April 2013 at 03:35 PM.

a year or two too late for the tutorial and ensuing discussion but i followed along and came up with my first neon design. (made it on a black background for a custom power-up animation on cell phones) Thx for the tutorial Gary! I only posted this to "bump" the thread back up coz it was one of the more fun and useful threads imho

I think your GIF came out a little more contrasty and therefore has a little more nuances and impact, like the way the "A" stutters like real, aged neon gas (or argon, whatever).

I love typography, having been a writer for 20 some odd years and never being let to do my own layouts in books, "You're a writer, Bouton, we have a Production Department so stick to what you do."

Except the books TEACH typography and good page and cover layout. And the poor slaves who work for a pittance cranking out book covers and stuff for publishers necessarily cannot give too much inspiration or attention to the book cover.

FINALLY, the Production Department at Cengage let me do my own cover for a book I wrote, because they freelanced their Production Department 100%.

Happy me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Retouching-MP.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	106584

Somewhere between multi-talented and scatter-brained is where I live. I'll try very hard to keep the upcoming tutes engaging and relevant to what people like to do the most (that's legal and moral).

My Best,

Gary

Congratulations Gare. I like that cover, makes me want to buy the book, even though I do not have CS3 or use adobe products.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.