Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: March 2013 Guest Tips and Tricks - Designing a Stained Glass Window

Guy that's lovely and very well done. I was hoping to see some original designs! but you are missing the reflection

The reflection does more than provide visual interest, it anchors the window to the ground plane. Your window is beautiful and your background is nice but the window appears to be defying gravity!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Frances, thanks for pointing out the omission; here's version 2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mandala 7 glasraam.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	95367
    Guy -

I love these tools

And a few more, including a belated easter-egg...

Name:	blad en bloem.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	95369 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glasraam mandala.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	95370 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paasei aan de Schelde.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	95371
    Guy -

I love these tools

Very nice Stygg! My you've been busy! One thing though you have been squashing your reflections and they don't look right that way. Try leaving the reflection unsquashed and just use the blur and transparency tools. I love the Egg design but the reflection is to strong for that surface. For the water reflections I 'll post an example later but try experimenting with a bitmap transparency. All in all though you have done a great job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Frances, I am really enjoying this tutorial. I am having trouble with the shape builder. The smallest nib I have is 10 screen pixels, trying to add just a tad to a 6 pixel line is looking rough. Did I miss a key setting? Even using the pressure sensitivity it looks like a blob. Thanks for a great tutorial.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Very nice Stygg! My you've been busy! One thing though you have been squashing your reflections and they don't look right that way. Try leaving the reflection unsquashed and just use the blur and transparency tools. I love the Egg design but the reflection is to strong for that surface. For the water reflections I 'll post an example later but try experimenting with a bitmap transparency. All in all though you have done a great job.
    Not my drawings Francis, I think you mean Guyke

Stygg

OOps! Sorry Guyke (and Stygg) I was in such a rush this morning!

@Richard (ber61): If you zoom in the nib will remain the same size on the screen and allow you to make smaller strokes. This works for the eraser too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Frances for taking the time for your positive comments, and I will give it another try. Things like the squashing are hard for me as I only see properly through one eye (born like that) so perspectives are hard to do. I guess that's why I never can work out Gary's Stereograms, I'm looking forward to your tips on water reflection.
    Oh, and no hard feelings on the name-switch...
    Guy -

I love these tools

Did my homework great tutorial learning lots I hope. Thanks again Frances.

Name:	web_sailglass.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	95450

That is a lovely design Ber, I'm glad to see that this tutorial is firing up everyone's imaginations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]