Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default NavBar Problems - Web Designer MX Premium

I have 2 sites just posted: www.vgtoronto.com/eis-test and www.vgtoronto.com/eis-test2/. The navbars work pretty well on eis-test, but sometimes you need to put your mouse on the page title in the navbar to have the hyperlink work properly. The link SHOULD work when the mouse pointer reaches the tab, not just when the pointer is on the title of the page. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

On the Home page on eis-test2, none of the navbar tabs work. You'll need to click on the orange "Tickets" button to leave the Home page and start to see some of the other pages. Eis-test2 is the result of me making typo corrections and photo changes to the eis-test pages. In the process of doing this I must have screwed up something in the navigation system. Is this perhaps a "layers" issue?

What I want is the content in eis-test2 but with navbars that function properly. Can anyone offer me advice on this issue?

Also, are there any tutorials that address these issues? And, has anyone published an actual detailed manual on how to use Xara Web Designer MX Premium?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 18 March 2013 at 09:40 PM. Reason: fixed link

Default Re: NavBar Problems - Web Designer MX Premium

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I fixed the link to your eis-test2.

Try selecting the nav bar and bringing it to the front (Arrange > Bring to Front) or Ctrl f. Let us know if that works.

[1] Always check that the navbar is on the mouseoff layer
    [2] Always check that the navbar is brought to the front (ctrl+F)

Thanks for your prompt reply. But: the only options I have, in the Arrange Menu, are "Mpve Backwards" and "Put to Back". Any thoughts?

Peter

Attach your xara web designer file to your next post for inspection.

The Nav Bar in your first site is inconsistent. I works from the home page but not from most of the other pages.

Try this. Go to all the other pages (except your home page), and delete the nav bar. When you get the dialog that asks all pages or just this page, select just this page.

Then double click on the nav bar on the home page and check Site Navigation Bar (repeat on all pages). Let us know if this works.