Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default A Minimalist Cube Stereogram

The bitmap on this was a little dirty so I used the Shape Tool and recreated the two sides of the cube then made the stereogram, all vector and the result is very clean and sharp. I am loving the simplicity of these. Especially after the very busy opposites attract series.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	simple cube.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	101972  

Default Re: A Minimalist Cube Stereogram

I like it Gary.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Gary, now I was able to see it already without moving my head or nose towards or away the monitor Because that was the technique which brought me the first success to see your stereograms on monitors. On phone so far always the phone was moved, but so seems much easier changing simply the focus of the eye :-)

I got loving this world too

I'm getting a really good sense of depth but I see a cube squashed i.e. the top and bottom surfaces are kites.

Does this mean I need my eyes testing ?

Dave D

Dave D - You are looking at the image with the cross eye method which makes everything appear in reverse.

There are two ways to view a stereogram, parallel where both eyes are focused straight ahead and slightly behind the image, and cross eyed where your eyes are focused more on the image and your focus is slightly cross eyed.

Try getting as close to your monitor as possible without leaving a nose print on the screen. Then with your vision blurry and your eyes relaxed, move slowly away from the monitor. Try not to let your eyes focus as you move back.

csehz - Any luck getting your wife to see these?

That's brilliant, the best yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    csehz - Any luck getting your wife to see these?
    Unfortunately not yet, neither on mobile nor on computer She 'believes' somehow that will not see anything, but no probs we will do the breakthrough

But my brother for example - after describing the viewing method -, around in half minute learnt and seen the first one in his life. And he has never heard about stereograms before.

Man, that cube pops out before you know it! Very nice. I do tend to see the squashed version as well, using either viewing method but when I blink a few times I sometimes see the cube in the right perspective. Perhaps the color scheme has something to do with it as well: I wonder how it would look if the two colors were reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Dave D - You are looking at the image with the cross eye method which makes everything appear in reverse.

There are two ways to view a stereogram, parallel where both eyes are focused straight ahead and slightly behind the image, and cross eyed where your eyes are focused more on the image and your focus is slightly cross eyed.

Try getting as close to your monitor as possible without leaving a nose print on the screen. Then with your vision blurry and your eyes relaxed, move slowly away from the monitor. Try not to let your eyes focus as you move back.
    Oh no, that means I have never seen a sterogram the right way round.

I see the join point of the blue lines at the back and I'm looking down on the top surface.

Should I be seeing the blue join point at the front and be looking up at the bottom surface?.

I can't see it this way yet but I'll keep trying.

DD

@DD The orange sides should be in front. Though the two outside cubes appear correct in cross eyed viewing.

The attached images represent parallel (diverging) and converging stereograms. If you look at the Converging version, the text will appear to come forward if you are viewing with the cross eyes method.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diverging.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	101982   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	converging.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	101983