Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tackorama-Good site for Retro fonts

I found my own fonts here!

Tackorama

The selection appears to be legit and free.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tack0rama.jpg 
Views:	1140 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	95045

Default Re: Tackorama-Good site for Retro fonts

Thanks Gare, lots of interesting stuff on that site.

Nick's Fonts http://www.moorstation.org/typoasis/...is/pages/a.htm listed on that site, is even better for well designed retro fonts.

Thanks for the link, Gary.

Nick Curtis (AKA "Nick's Fonts) has been an American Staple for as long as I can remember. Nick originally gave a lot of his typefaces away, and these are the ones you'll find at Gary's link I've repeated here Nick Curtis' Free Fonts at Type Oasis.

However, Nick also ran—past tense—a commercial service with fonts for purchase. The short story is today Nick has hit rock bottom, financially and probably spiritually. His once glamorous and tasty website Nick's Fonts is now both a plea for help and a eulogy for a once-proud and brilliant cottage industry. Please read this page if you choose to download Nick's free fonts from anywhere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nick's free fonts.jpg 
Views:	1114 
Size:	22.5 KB 
ID:	95215

Nick gave readers some special edition fonts with the Xara Xtreme 5 Official Guide and Nick was a pleasure to work with, a true, giving gentleman. I just PayPal-ed him some money because I believe in the man, his work, and I've been using some of his free fonts for far too long.

My Best,

Gary

Gare -- is he still selling his $30 typeface CD? I can't find the link to it, or to any place where I could Paypal a Zip of it.

As an aside, am surprised the Nigerian Scam people (aka half of Lagos) aren't pestering us with spam like 'I am a barrister, and our clients have willed you Adobe Font Studio. Contact Mr. Gill Garamond at...'
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com

Yeah, Tack-O-Rama is a good site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Nick gave readers some special edition fonts with the Xara Xtreme 5 Official Guide and Nick was a pleasure to work with, a true, giving gentleman. I just PayPal-ed him some money because I believe in the man, his work, and I've been using some of his free fonts for far too long...
    Me too to the above.

Back when MyFonts began their newsletters, they did this one on Nick:
    http://www.myfonts.com/newsletters/cc/200805.html

Prompted me to pick up a couple more of Nick's fonts. Dangerous site for me.

Take care, Mike

I recommend that if you want to get some desperately needed money to Nick, that you don't buy a CD of his typefaces. You have absolutely no assurance that the money will get to Nick, and I'm not even sure he released a CD of his typefaces.

I corresponded with him about 4 years ago, and he was rightfully bitter that some creeps were taking his free fonts, putting them on a CD, and then charging people for the CD without paying Nick one penny. It happens.

And we all pay for unscrupulous people's misdeeds. Nick's solution to thwarting leeches was to privatize what remained of his inventory. To shut the tap off for honest and dishonest people alike.

This is why I feel a Donation made to the link in Post #4 will benefit the man the most.

It's not all about buying one of his fonts, not in a larger sense, folks.

My Best,

Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Nick's font are a great resource for anyone doing the Neon signs tutorials up in the Xara Xone forum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.