Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mobile Template

Default Re: Mobile Template

Yes, nice template, but I have a question, maybe im missing something, but everytime I try to change the text on the template, the entire widget above it shifts downward, and creats a large white space above the photo widget....
    any tips?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Maybe James will check back with an answer to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintudo View Post
    Yes, nice template, but I have a question, maybe im missing something, but everytime I try to change the text on the template, the entire widget above it shifts downward, and creats a large white space above the photo widget....
    any tips?
    It seems to be an issue with the push feature, maybe its a bug introduced in one of the recent updates? I used the template in November without any issue and I just tried it in v8 with no problems. I will open a ticket with Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    It seems to be an issue with the push feature, maybe its a bug introduced in one of the recent updates? I used the template in November without any issue and I just tried it in v8 with no problems. I will open a ticket with Xara.
    Xara are still looking into this but have come back with a solution! The close button is now a part of the navbar, so it doesn't need to use the push feature.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for this code it works perfect on my iphone... it doesn't work for my Ipad... what do i have to change to make this also work??

thanks, maarten

Quote Originally Posted by skech View Post
    You can do the following:

Paste the following script into the <head> section of a placeholder (Web Properties> Placeholder> HTML code (head) simply replace the green text with the url of the mobile site

<script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    if (screen.width <= 699) {
    document.location = "mobile.html";
    }
    //-->
    </script>

Or for iphone/ipods/ipads use this code

<script language=javascript>
    <!--
    if ((navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i))) {
    location.replace("http://url-to-send-them/iphone.html");
    }
    -->
    </script>

Hi Maarten. If you are using the top code then the reason it doesn't work on your tablet is that the resolution is set to <699 so anything larger than that will show the original site, but a site built for desktop should look good on a tablet, a site optimised for a small mobile screen will look funny (not in a good way) on a tablet screen, so I personally would have one for a mobile screen and another for tablets and desktops. I found the following code for you to try, it detects the type of device - just change the red text to your mobile websites domain url. I haven't tested this but it apparently works.

<script>
    if( /Android|webOS|iPhone|iPad|iPod|BlackBerry/i.test(navigator.userAgent) ) {
    window.location = "m.domain.com";
    }
    </script>
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk