Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Goudy Cloister for free

Dieter Steffmann strikes again. The same prolific font author who has provided us with classic faces such as "Vivian" and a lot of Blackletter fonts actually bothered to code Goudy Cloister initial caps, a typeface offered by Lettraset during the days od dry transfer lettering. I also paid $35 a character for parts of this font to The Font Bureau (FBI) in the early 1990s.

Goudy cloister Initials for free

It's third from the bottom on Page 2.

now, because these characters are so bloody ornamental, the side of the typeface is 250K, and it can drag your system down to a grind if you load and use the font every day. I suggest that you type the characters in Xara, and then one by one convert them to editable shapes (Ctrl+Shift+S). Then load them in the Designs Gallery of something. you only really need one of them to begin an illuminated story book, right?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oudyCloisterCaps.jpg 
Views:	1295 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	94913

My Best,

Gary

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Goudy Cloister for free

Thanks Gary, this link to Dieter Steffmann's fonts is a good resource. I have a few of his fonts Vivian being one of them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.