Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Issue with copying and pasting extruded objects

I'm trying to copy and paste a vector graphic, created in CorelDRAW X6 (version 16.1.0.843) and containing extruded objects, from one page to another. But when the graphic is pasted, the extruded objects become very long and distorted. Is there a workaround for this anomoly? Thanks in advance for any help.
    IP

Default Re: Issue with copying and pasting extruded objects

The only way I can see to do this is to export your extrusion (as a .cmx file) then open a new page and import the .cmx file to the new page.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Default Re: Issue with copying and pasting extruded objects

Thanks for your suggestion, iamtheblues. It worked! Although I had already tried exporting the graphic in CMX format, this time I chose the "CMX - Corel Presentation Exchange Legacy" export option, and that did the trick. After importing the CMX file to a different CorelDRAW page, I soon noticed another issue I was having had been resolved. The complete vector-based graphic contained several power-clipped bitmaps, of which some would mysteriously disappear when the whole graphic was reduced a lot in size. That is no longer the case. For whatever reason, the imported CMX file is behaving better than the original CDR file. Strange. Anyway, thanks so much for your help! :-)
    IP