Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

haha, great mummie there Menta... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

hey, and thanx for the link... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] 1.5 looks very promising... glad you are here to share info and worx with us... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by gidgit on July 24, 2002 at 14:11.]

Oh My God!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

How long did it take you to learn to do this stuff???

I am totally shocked that some movie mogal or art collector or someone that has a deep appreciation of fantasy art hasn't commisioned you to do work for them!! Or have you?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I just couldn't imagine that you haven't!!

Stunned into silence by the shear stunning beauty of your work?? Not a chance! I could just babble for hours about it!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But I'll spare ya!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Wow!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Thank you for your kind words Ram! I don't consider myself that terribly good. I still need to refine my skills and push myself in new directions. All of those pictures at my Renderosity gallery were done since January 2002. They are pretty much in chronological order with my most current work appearing on the first page and working back through the pages to my older work. If you look at it like that you can see how I progressed. I have never done commissioned work but am humble enough to accept it if it ever came along [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Here is another ZBrush 1.5 beta image I did. I recently added the gliders.

You are welcome to view more of my ZBrush work at my Renderosity Gallery
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Island-In-The-Sky-2small.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	18722  

You did ALL those since January??? Now I'm REALLY impressed!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

So I got a few questions then.....

Your self taught, obviously!! How long does it, generally, take you to do one of these stunning images??? Do you work a regular job?? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] (totally kidding there) I am just blown away. You are really good at this program.

OK, here is another few. You are using what other programs??? Do you draw ideas out on paper and then go to work?? Are all the image purely from ZBrush or are they modeled in another program then imported in??

Like the new image, reminds me of a Dragons of Pern cover (sci fi series of books, can't remember the name of the author off hand). Good work there!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for sharing the images!!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

STUNNING AND BEAUTIFUL!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

I am self taught (since about the age of five) obviously I have a great deal more to learn. It takes me anywhere from an hour to six hours to create an image depending on size and complexity. I currently do all my work in ZBrush...Modeling, rendering, post work. ALL the models (except for earlier use of Poser figs) is done in ZBrush. Although I have used Poser in the Past. I do make use of Photoshop for croping and jpg conversion. Ocassionally I will sketch a drawing in ZBrush and work from that but I usually work from within my mindseye. I am a Buyer for an International Dairy producer.

Don't say Pern! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Maccafrey's lawyers are sue happy. This is not a pern picture. It is straight out of my head. I know of pern but I do not read those books. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

A buyer for an international dairy producer? My kind of guy! I drink about 2 gallons of milk per week, no kidding. It's quick, easy and not ALL adults are allergic to the stuff. I don't usually indulge in soda pop. Water and milk are about it!! Cheese is OK, but milk rules!!

Well, all I can say is you are one dedicated man to produce suck fine work. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Maya........if your lurking around? Go check out his stuff at Renderosity, you will be floored at the quality and the amount of work he has produced since January!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Still in shock myself!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Keep up the fantastic work there Mentat7!!

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<blushing> Thanks Ram. Actually my company makes Ice Cream and if you have ever shopped at a Wal-Mart SuperCenter you have seen our product. Hint: One of our popular flavors is Bunny Tracks. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ummmmmmmm..........ICK!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Makes me think of bird droppings!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I love ice cream but too much fat in it most of the time for my taste.

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

This is a recent painting I did in ZBrush 1.5 beta. It is of an old mine pit (there are many in my part of the country). ZBrush can be used for more than just modeling. You can paint using 2d and 2.5d tools and it is one mean object texturizer!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mine-Pit-Final.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	198.9 KB 
ID:	6159