Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Very nice work! Can you point me to some step-by-step tutorials for ZBrush. I've looked at some of the ZScripts from ZBrushCentral, but can't figure out all the steps they do.

Thanks for sharing.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Far Out Man!

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Hi Soquili,

You can find all manner of tutorials..scripted and non-scripted here http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ult...?ubb=forum&f=2 Also once version 1.5 is released it will contain severa scripts that go into detail on how to use the tools. They are annotated and very easy to follow. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

You are welcome to view more of my ZBrush work at my Renderosity Gallery

Nice work, well done. But the program would be nothing for me. Why? Because 98% of my time when I look at Zbrush design, I see blobs...blobs...and blobs. It's just all too round and artificial for me. Maybe now you still like to create these science fiction guys, but what if you get more mature and what to do something more serious; are you then still using Zbrush? Zbrush is nice for people who think it's too difficult to create something humanlike, so they create these unique creatures, where it doesn't mater if they have weird hands, arms, heads etc.

hooboy... Hi Raxam...

ZBrush, like any other app worthy of it's position in the grande scheme of things... is subjective... but a tool...the artist does the rest...

The artist ( Mentat7 ) belonging to this thread is very talented IMHO, and has demonstrated this case in point through terrific worx ...

in fact... I am willing to believe that any artist who shows shading and effects as this individual has, thus defining 3D composition, is more than capable in creating a human form...

It's not only the app, but rather what you can do with it that truly counts... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thank you Gidgit for your support. Raxam has a valid point if not a misdirected one. The fact that people create monsters and the like in ZBrush does not denote a lack of "mature" talent on the part of the artist as you would suggest Raxam. I believe your statement is made under a false and uneducated presumption. There are many ZBrush artists that work primarily with the human form. I myself am quite capable of creating "human beings". However I find the bizaar and monstrous to be a great attraction. It fuels my imagination. Many of the ZBrush artists at ZBC are hobbyists. That is the allurement of this software. It empowers the tinkerers and the doodlers. It gives skilled artists greater leverage in attaining their vision. A blob is a blob because the person making the blob hasn't acquired the skill to turn it into anything more. The same could be said of any other 3d or paint application out there. The end result is up to the artist not the software. You make what you will with it. If you are not willing to put time and effort into the app you will produce doo doo.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>But the program would be nothing for me. Why? Because 98% of my time when I look at Zbrush design, I see blobs...blobs...and blobs. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The key words here are NOTHING, ME, and LOOK. This statement indicates you have never attempted to use the software or at the least it does not contain that magical solution to solve all your artistic needs that you are searching for. You should give it a try. 1.5 when it is released will contain a massive tool update. Modeling will be much much easier. At least by having tried it you will be in a better position to decide if it is or is not right for you. Despite your negativity there are many more people discovering this tool that find it is exactly what they need. Many of those people come from the "mature world" of high-end 3D software. In the end if you still feel that drawing human beings is the one and only mature art form then perhaps you should try Poser. I hear it can make incredibly real people. You just have to put a little work into it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Mentat7 on July 24, 2002 at 07:39.]

[This message was edited by Mentat7 on July 24, 2002 at 09:39.]

You make go to this link http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ult...1&t=006270&p=8 and check out the new ZSphere tool. There is a pdf file there with pictures and instructions on how to use the new tool. It is just one of many new features in ZBrush 1.5

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Even more impressive!!!

I too am baffled at what can be accomplished with ZBrush and I KNOW that realistic humans can be created with the program, I have seen a few examples. But, like you, I like the world of fantasy, it's a much more, sometimes, exciting place to be. Some of the works that I have seen created using ZBrush are just breathtaking, to say the very least.

I have the trial and all I could manage was a very complex wall paper of spheres with different fills. In time I would probably be able to go further but the interface is just too daunting for my taste. As much as I can't stand Microsoft their menus and task bars are burned into my head pretty deeply. With a program like XBrush it already has quite a learning curve to it but to have the interface so alien just makes a little too much. I guess if I had JUST this program to use then it would be a fun adventure but I am in the process of learning quite a few as I am going along (XaraX, PhotoPaint, PhotoImpact, Adobe GoLive....) so I just admire and dream and maybe someday.

You on the other hand are a master and your work is just stunning, thank you so much for sharing with us here in TalkGraphics!!!

Kindly

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Hi RamWolf!

You may be happy to hear that the GUI of ZBrush 1.5 has been redesigned as well. I can not go into specifics at this time but it is much more streamlined and user friendly. It is still a non-Win interface but if you spend a little time with it you will find it to be quite easy to learn and intuitive.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here is yet another image created in ZBrush 1.5 beta. It was one of my earlier beta images.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mummy-Lo-Res.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	6960