Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transparencies

Default Transparencies

I have drawn the below attachment, it is all vectored so it is an extremely large file. I've used a multiply mask with a black to "clear" radial gradient to create the "faded" look. However, if I try to rasterize or save to anything other then an AI file, the file ends up like picture # 2. I need to save it preferably to an EPS or large JPEG so I can use a RIP program and print it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    ScottClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	94773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	94774
    IP

Default Re: Transparencies

ok....so the uploaded 2nd file does not appear the way it actually does on my computer pre-upload. Basically all of the black is transparent so you see everything in the background (which isn't pretty LOL) and all of the colors are changed too....
    IP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	94775

ok so I took a picture with my phone to show the way it comes out once saved to another format
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by SCN View Post
    ok so I took a picture with my phone to show the way it comes out once saved to another format
    No idea what is going on without seeing the file. Obviously it shouldn't be happening like that. Have you tried saving a copy as a PDF?

Mike
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    No idea what is going on without seeing the file. Obviously it shouldn't be happening like that. Have you tried saving a copy as a PDF?

Mike
    Mike, yes I have, in fact the post where I took a picture with my phone is saved to a PDF... I've never had this problem before with any other transparencies....I'm lost!
    IP

Bummer. Without the file or a sample file that exhibits the same issue, I don't know what to tell you.

If you would like me to look at it, you can email it to me at:

***removed email addy***

Take care, Mike
    Last edited by mwenz; 28 February 2013 at 05:14 PM.
    IP

What colour profile is your artboard set up to RGB/CMYK as it looks like CMYK. Also what ver. are you using as the newer ones have the up to date EPS filter. When you use the Flattner Preview does this correspond to the final output? Have so many questions that I could ask would need to see file. I also don't know if you had any luck with Mike and if you haven't you could PM me and I could send you my email or upload it to Dropbox if file size causes a problem with ISP.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Albacore,
    I've switched it from RGB to CYMK to Pantone colors....nothing seems to change...Im using CS6 and yes it appears the same as the pdf picture above when in flattner preview....Mike has been very helpful, I sent him the file and he is looking at it....I would gladly send the file to you as well, I already have it uploaded on my ftp site....I can't find how to pm someone on here so just let me know
    IP

Sorry silly me because your a new member you can't PM but if you keep posting on this site I think after 15 posts it will be allowed (cant be sure of the number so don't take that as gospel).
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

ok, I was wondering why I couldn't find it LOL
    are you still interested in looking at this file?
    IP