Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Create navigation bar disabled

I’m using xara web designer pro 8 trial and notice that I was able to create/edit navigation bars about an hour ago, but now this option is always disabled and I cant even click it to bring up the design part of it, in both menu icon, or arrange menu area. I have tried to close/reopen and started a new document but nothing seems to re-enable this feature. Is this a known issue with this software?

Default Re: Create navigation bar disabled

No issue. You just have to know it's little secrets .

Here's a simple test:

Create a button sized rectangle.
    Place some button text on top.
    Group the two.. Viola! Navbar icon becomes active

Your button must have editable text grouped with the button shape in order for the button to be used for a navigation bar.

Yes, that's another way of putting it

This forum is amazing.

Thanks Gary!

I'm creating a site from scratch for the first time, and as you might guess I'm starting from the very beginning.

Hope it turns out good!

So, what if I wanted to create a hamburger menu?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2019-08-21 19-54-39-624.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	124872

What would I need to do to make that happen?

EDIT: I figured it put, but don't know how to delete my post, oh well.
    Last edited by Braden; 22 August 2019 at 01:19 AM.

Braden. I too am discovering new things. Best place to find answers is on this forum, usually a search would help, if not videos all over the net and help files in Xara.

This is an old thread and it may have been better to start a new one as the older information could possibly be outdated and confusing if someone tried to follow it.

To answer (partly) your question. There are many ways skin the Xara cat, this would be my skinning technique...
    Menu Layers.web

Thanks Chris, your instructions were helpful!
    Got it done!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Your button must have editable text grouped with the button shape in order for the button to be used for a navigation bar.
    I've been trying to create my own navbar and I couldn't get the Create Navigation Option to work until I chose "On Top" as the type of text to add. Both "Auto-Fit Inside" and "Fixed Inside" didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by eselick View Post
    I've been trying to create my own navbar and I couldn't get the Create Navigation Option to work until I chose "On Top" as the type of text to add. Both "Auto-Fit Inside" and "Fixed Inside" didn't work.
    eselick, you should not really update an old Thread.

Your approach is not rigorous enough to help. Read Help > Index; Creating your own Navigation Bars.
    People might go on to create a Text column or Text Area where a Xara button need a Text Line.
    On Top is simply you adding a bit of text on top of a selected shape. Just have nothing selected, switch to the Text Tool and then type.
    Last important point is the text and shape have to be Grouped before the NavBar creation option appears in the Arrange menu.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat