Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PHP pages with Web Designer MX 8 Premium?

Ok...... I've been searching hi-n-lo all over for an answer to this question(s) to no avail.... so I'm hoping someone here more knowledgeable can help.

Software: Xara Web Designer MX Premium v8

1: Can the above "save as" a .PHP file?

2: If not (as far as I've seen it cannot?) Is there a way to name a page as *.php?

I'm trying to incorporate the "Advanced Comment System" in a web page, so customers can post testimonials "live". It's a pretty slick script and FREE but it must run ON a .php file.... not .html. I've tried to iframe it but the way it's "called" the author states it must be within php tags on a php page. I'll try to include the dl link here if i can.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!
    http://www.plohni.com/wb/content/php...ent_system.php

Description:
    About "Advanced comment system"
    This script provides an advanced comment system you can include in any of your PHP pages easily. The scripts needs to be installed only once and can be used on many different pages. It is very similar to the comment system which is in use on this website.

Default PHP pages with Web Designer MX 8 Premium?

Is there a way to save a page created in Designer MX 8 as a .php rather than .htm?

I want to incorporate a neat lil commenting script in my design and it "has" to be called from a .php page. I've tried to iframe it (as a widget) to no avail. I can create it and/or rename it from an html, but this would involve editing every page's navigation bar manually after final edits in Xara. A real PITA as you can imagine!! Can we select the extension name in MX's page naming properties? Below is the script's link and description...... it's FREE and works really well once set up. I want to use it to allow clients to post testimonials live.

thanks in advance.......

http://www.plohni.com/wb/content/php...ent_system.php

About "Advanced comment system"
    This script provides an advanced comment system you can include in any of your PHP pages easily. The scripts needs to be installed only once and can be used on many different pages. It is very similar to the comment system which is in use on this website.

Default Re: PHP pages with Web Designer MX 8 Premium?

Default Re: PHP pages with Web Designer MX 8 Premium?

gwpriester,

I see why you are "da man!" around these parts. First..... allow me to apologize for the double-post above. I thought something went wrong on the 1st attempt, since I missed the "approval msg"... presumably required because I posted a link?

Thank you VERY much for this info. I literally searched the help file, google, and various Xara forums for hours and came up with nothing relevant.... even here. Xara's own help file only mentions/examples Page filename: Use this field to set the name you'd like to be used for this page when it is exported. So if you want the page to be exported as "home.htm", set this field to "home". and never mentions that our manual placing of a page's "extension" will override the apps default ".htm". Very confusing to say the least for the n00b!

Thanx again!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post