Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How do I do this is Xara?

At first I thought it helped but I started over from scratch and it didn't help. I did everything I could to make each line have the same number of nodes and always came up with an improper blend. I am definitely in 1:1 blend mode. Once I deleted one line and copied the other and put it where the other one was and made it the same size and the two blended, still I must be doing something wrong I just can't seem to work out what.The only thing that always works for me is to convert the two lines to shapes before blending.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Ok thanks Larry for letting me know.

I am wondering if it is how the line is being drawn in the first place, if for example you use the freehand and brush tool, you can end up with more nodes. The way I drew the line I originally used was with the shape editor tool.

I clicked once once and then again further away, which gave me a straight line with only two nodes, then I adjusted the curve handles (you might need to drag the line first or convert to 'C' type line beforehand to get curve handles) ... this gave me a smooth 'S' type curve. When this is converted to a shape, there may be less nodes than if the freehand tool is used (just tested that out) and so be easier to match the final two 12pt lines in terms of nodes. You also get a smoother curve shape, which might also be a factor.

Other than that and without seeing your line I'm not sure what could be the problem.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I played with this, as a brush, and I am comfortable with the result. I use the brush (attached) and then edit the Spacing until the smoothness is acceptable. I also eliminate as many nodes as the design permits. My feeble attempt.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Okay, I'll stop. But, I think the attached can match my original question. It is a brush with 4 colors plus brushes for each of the colors, smoothed by Spacing. Critique welcome. WDFII
    Attached Files Attached Files

A sweet solution. The blend method is limiting as it can create gaps if the line is complex.
    Here's my attempt using your brushes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	brush.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	94953  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Well done and thanks for the compliment. In retrospect I realize I do not need the individual color brushes and that I could have just used a line set to proper width with a butt end.