Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
I've sort of bowed out of this thread, and I think I may have muddied it up instead of clarifying stuff regarding the fills I used in the Hacienda drawing.

Big point here:

A shape can have a fill and a transparency type. What I did was give the ground shape a certain fill type, a linear gradient, and then a fractal transparency type.

-g
I fully understand this now. I do not think you muddied it. I just missed the point of how to achieve certain parts which I now see as very important. I am making a pretty big revision but am not ready to post. I actually want to take my time and hopefully get MUCH closer to what you have been trying to teach. For me, personally, I think it is an important point to be able to put things together in a much more professional/artist approach as a base to build on in the future.

I am asking you to stay tuned because I hope I meet your 300% improvement objectives. I think it is important in the learning process and I appreciate your feedback. I feel that even when I fail in some of these exercises I learn something and try to incorporate these things in the next exercise (if appropriate).

BTW: Do no know if you say another post today about "glow". I am kind of assuming you are still headed in that direction for this month's tutorial.