Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mouseover image problem in WDMX on site created with XWD7 Premium

Hope you can help.

I created a site in XWD7 Premium that includes mouseover shapes & layers which link to individual pages. It's worked great thus far. But now, when I open/save/export the site using WDMX, the mouseover images have a tendency to stay persistent on the screen after the mouse passes out of the rollover region.

As I said, this was never an issue with XWD7 Premium.

Thinking that there might be an overlap issue in the rollover shapes I edited each to reduce their size and the number of total nodes. No luck. I still have leftover images onscreen which forces the user to refresh the page to get rid of them.

Does WDMX handle mouseovers differently than XWD7? Is there a new setting I'm missing? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Mouseover image problem in WDMX on site created with XWD7 Premium

Quick update: I changed the mouseover effect from Fade to Instant and it seems to get rid of the hanging image issue, but I would really like to keep the smooth fade effect.

So, I guess the question has changed. Has something changed from WD7 to MX that causes mouseover images to hang when using effects?

Does WDMX handle mouseovers differently than XWD7? Is there a new setting I'm missing? Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?
    My guess would be no difference. It would not make sense to do this. The difference is features and functions.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    My guess would be no difference. It would not make sense to do this. The difference is features and functions.
    To be thorough, I tried adding the fade effect to all of the mouseovers one more time. Sure enough, the same problem occurs. There must be some explanation why it works in v7 but not v8. If not, it's more of a downgrade than an upgrade, don't you think?

In the layer properties of the object you are using as the mouse-over popup, have you checked that 'close pop-up automatically' is checked?
    This is new in version 8 and might be the problem. Otherwise, I cannot repeat your findings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-26_070819.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	94706  

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    In the layer properties of the object you are using as the mouse-over popup, have you checked that 'close pop-up automatically' is checked?
    This is new in version 8 and might be the problem. Otherwise, I cannot repeat your findings.
    I saw that option and thought it might be the source of the hangup. It's checked-on (per the default) so, unfortunately, that's not the problem.

Please supply a file which exhibits the problem you describe

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Please supply a file which exhibits the problem you describe
    Thanks for putting an eye on this for me, sledger. I've been trying to figure it out for so long I'm starting to come unglued.
    Last edited by ksiads; 25 February 2013 at 10:32 PM. Reason: copyright

No file attached?

PM sent.
    Last edited by ksiads; 26 February 2013 at 07:31 PM.