Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation bar not working on mobile device

Please could someone help me... i have just designed www.kneppcastlepoloclub.com and it works well on computers (I think) but the navigation bar buttons don't work on an iPhone. Is there a simple solution please?

Default Re: Navigation bar not working on mobile device

Seems OK on android but your home page links (index.htm) are not working.

Thank you Drwyd, but any idea what i can do about iPhones?! I'm not quite sure which homepage link your refering to? pls can you tell me from what to what isn't working? many thanks

The "HOME" links on every page are not linking back to the right page. A blank index.htm page comes up. It appears that you renamed your initial page, possibly to "KCPC Home Page.htm" ??? If so, you will need to update all of the links in your menubar.

Also, the navigation works on both iPad and iPhone, sort of, but you have to tap each link twice for it to load. I would look at how you built the menubar and try rebuilding it if you can't sort it out.

Ipads/Iphones are not all that they are cracked upto be, i have heard of this before (but not experienced it as I am an Android fan), i believe its something to do apple not supporting onmouseover, onmouseout events. I reckon this will be your problem, more info here
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

This has been addressed in version 8.
    I suspect version 9 (due soon no doubt) will include other iThing fixes.

If you have a version prior to version 8 then visitors to your site WILL have to click twice, but to be honest it is not that big a deal, and don't fall into the apple well, not every phone visitor to sites is an apple device visitor, android phones make up a large part and are predicted to take over ios this year, apple like to make developers dance to their tune but more and more they are having to do what consumers actually want, just look at the apple maps episode, they had to admit defeat.

And also bear in mind that no matter what you hear hyping mobile browsers just look at actual figures, most sites are still visited on a desktop browser, some types of site such as those aimed at female users (beauty in particular) are in the majority browsed on mobiles, but others which are business to business are overwhelmingly desktop browsers as are ecommerce sites - and that is based on over 100 sites we have developed and have used google analytics to keep a check on site visitors, overall the average is around the 15% mark for mobile browsers.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Just based on this thread I did some research and it turns out that in the USA ios holds a 36.6% share of mobile browsers vs androids share of 53.4%, most of the global share is from 25% to 36% for ios and 37% to 54% share for android, and that is based on research from the three largest analytics firms in the world. So again do not fall for the hype. I wouldn't say I design my sites for desktop exclusively but I make sure that it looks good and is easy to use on all devices and operating systems - it is a drawback of apples ios not xara.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Yes, http://www.kneppcastlepoloclub.com/index.htm isn't a correct link. Have you got a redirect somewhere along the line?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host