Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question How to Remove folder in Fill Gallery, Error:Operation unavailableSelect Custom folder

Hello to all,

A couple of days ago I received the disk of Xara Photo and Graphics Designer 2013.

Today I am doing my first work with the program and I would like to include in the Fill Gallery a small texture to refill a section of an image, that I cutted from other section of same image. I was trying to include the Fill directory MyTextures in C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara Photo Graphic Designer 2013\Fills\MyTextures under the main Fills directory. Unfortunately I made a mistake and included again the full Fills directory, now I want to remove that directory from the Fills Gallery as per this tutorial:
    http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/xe...tml/page_3.htm
    and Xara do not allow me to Remove, the "Remove folder" button is allways gray and the Info Bar says: Operation unavailable: Select Custom folder to remove.

I looked into the knowledge base in http://support.xara.com for the keywords remove folder Fills Gallery and no information available.
    I am not going to bother creating a support ticket because when I had a problem at the end of last year, in the evaluation period of this program, I sent a support request and I never got a response.

Can somebody please explain a way to activate the Remove folder function for the Fills Gallery?

Thank you and regards.
    joejac

To the forum admin: Please allow more time to edit a post, thank you.

Default Re: How to Remove folder in Fill Gallery, Error:Operation unavailableSelect Custom fo

That is an old Workbook article.

Right click on the folder title bar. From the pop up menu, select Remove Folder.

Default Re: How to Remove folder in Fill Gallery, Error:Operation unavailableSelect Custom fo

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    That is an old Workbook article.

Right click on the folder title bar. From the pop up menu, select Remove Folder.
    Thank you gwpriester, I know it was for Xara Extreme but the principle is the same; I also did with the right click from the pop up menu and same problem:
    Xara do not allow me to Remove, the "Remove folder" button is allways gray and the Info Bar says: Operation unavailable: Select Custom folder to remove.
    What does " Custom folder" mean? because I see a group of blue folders (download) and green folders (in my computer), mine are in the green group.
    Thanks
    joejac

I don't know. Maybe sledger when he passes through this thread will have a better answer.

I don't have a copy of Xara Photo and Graphics Designer 2013 so can't speak with authority as I am unaware if there are any slight differences.
    But the green folders are user added folders.
    To remove them in Web Designer MX Premium or Designer Pro X, right-click the folder and choose 'Remove Folder'.. That's it.
    You can't remove the blue folders.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

hello Joejac I had a similar experience once only I mistakenly added a folder into the designs gallery. Sledger is correct that the blue folders can't be removed from the Galleries. The only way I was able to correct mine was to do an un-install and re-install.

To avoid this mistake in the future I now store my custom folders outside of the program files.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you Angelize,
    I wanted to avoid reinstall because I downloaded a selection of things to the Galleries, and I did not want to do that again. If I uninstall, all those folders under C:\Program Files (x86)\Xara\Xara Photo Graphic Designer 2013 will be erased, is that correct?
    Thanks for the advice and the nice video of the filter plugin.
    Regards
    joejac

Using Xara Pro X9, I'm unable to remove green folders either. Anyone else having this problem?
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer