Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: February 2013 Guest Tips and Tricks - Making Surreal Backgrounds with Xara Fracta

Just to let you know Gary and tx200man, the problem I had with the file was because an object was created in Pro8 and I have DP7, which was not happy with it However the tech.guys made a bitmap copy of the file and now I can open it with no problem Great file, now I've seen it, did'nt want to miss out on that. I've replied to the tech. guys thanking them and must say they have been really quick.

Stygg

Default Re: February 2013 Guest Tips and Tricks - Making Surreal Backgrounds with Xara Fracta

Glad you got it sorted Stygg and reassuring that the support is so quick.
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Quote Originally Posted by tx200man View Post
    Glad you got it sorted Stygg and reassuring that the support is so quick.
    Those are really good images tx and I love the penguin, reminds me of the cartoon one some years ago - Pingu, think he wants to know what is melting the ice?

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pingu.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	94741  

Thanks tx for the files to examine and work with. I had a go with the files as well. Here are my pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camel.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	94757 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snowman.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	94758 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whale.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	94759

Ouch! I just realized I have a magical camel. He somehow managed to get into the middle of the picture without leaving any footprints!
    Last edited by BeanPole; 27 February 2013 at 09:27 PM.

Really like these........I like the floor effects. I need to keep practicing so I can make some like them. To me, the water one is especially interesting.

Thank You!

Here is the camel complete with prints!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camel2.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	94760

That certainly adds to the whole scene. I also like the sun in the background.

BTW: I just went and played with the fractal fills a little and discovered where I messed up on some things before. I had forgotten to use the shift key while dragging and also had forgotten to click away from the control handles. Stygg had covered both of these in his tutorial but I some how had forgotten them already. I also messed around to find that I could have added some perspective to another image I created without using the Mould Tool. I will not forget these two tricks in the future. You also did a nice job of hiding "that line" that was an earlier part of this thread.

tx did all the work with the sun and hiding that line! I just examined his file and did the same thing.

As for the shadow for the camel it was really simple. I just used the shadow tool (which will not give you a frontal shadow), then I traced the shadow. The traced shadow allowed me to flip and adjust it.

Stygg's tutorial sure is fun.........love those footprints Beanpole. Cant take credit for the penguin though, he not my creation, only added for effect, hes the linux penguin
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Quote Originally Posted by dcahall View Post
    Really like these........I like the floor effects. I need to keep practicing so I can make some like them. To me, the water one is especially interesting.
    Glad everyone is enjoying the fractals and as you expressed an interest in the water Dave, here's a nice Lake scene with fractals and trans. I thought you might like to pull it a part and have a play with it

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	94766  
    Attached Files Attached Files