Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The February 2013 Giveaway of the Month - Borders and Corners: An Elegant Collection

Borders and Corners -February 2013 Free Giveaway

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	borders-corners-graphic.png 
Views:	2242 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	94559 Borders and Corners is a collection of four elegant Xara designs that can be used to frame a photo, a drawing, a saying, you name it. Use this month’s Giveaway in any version of Xara to add pizzazz and that finishing touch to web designs, print, or body art (!).

Post your borders and corners inspired work here.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: The February 2013 Giveaway of the Month - Borders and Corners: An Elegant Collect

These are really nice and there is a lot of ways to customize and use them. I had a quick play around with one of them. Thanks Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bordersnframes.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	94561  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: The February 2013 Giveaway of the Month - Borders and Corners: An Elegant Collect

It looks great, Frances.

And by the way, everyone, there's no reason why you can't assign new colors to the borders.

I spent a while trying to get interesting, but sort of neutral colors using Genopal, but if you have a better, personal color scheme for these elements, go for it, and please do share them right here.

I'd love to see what people will use these for.

My Best,

Gary

I used a part of one of the corners to dress up a frame that I created for one of my advertising clients. I recoloured the elements to give a kind of brass look to it.

Name:	fcspa_border.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	94580  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Can you zoom into a corner to see the brass effect with a screen cap, Frances?

I'd like to see "our" efforts!

-g

Sorry I should have thought to do this in the first place. here is a close up of the corner. The original frame was just a plain border with brass colouring and a shadow to give the illusion of a frame being set down on a piece of torn paper.

Name:	brass corner.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	94591  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Very nice Gary and nice take on this Angelize, loving that brass effect, ideal for Authenticity Certificates. If I ever get round to updating mine with Xara rather than my existing Corel ones, i would like to incorporate these.
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

There's a very easy way to update your Certificate drawings, tx: you save out of CorelDRAW as a cmx file.

Chances are very good Xara can interpret it correctly. I've also had luck copying to the Clipboard from CDR, and just pasting into Xara.

-g

Ouch!

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I cannot seem to connect the outside outline. When I Arrange>Combine Shapes>Add shapes my border seems to go flat in one area, and the bevel shows between the two shapes. Any ideas what I am doing wrong, or missing?

Tried to attach an Xara file. Did it work?
    Attached Files Attached Files

The file is up as an attachment, BeanPole. I took it, you should check my attachment now because I addressed the problem and made a note in the file of what went wrong.

Yours truly went stupid on you people and I apologize. That border example you chose has a Bevel edge on the pieces and when you Add Shapes to a Bevel object, the Bevel gets turned into a bitmap, the shapes are auto-grouped, it becomes an unworkable mess.

You should take the bevel off shapes you want to combine, and afterwards, apply the bevel.

I did the outer border, you can do the inner one now, cool? Now when you get to adding a left to a right, remove the bevel edge: select the Bevel tool and then choose none from the Infobar drop-down list.

My Bad,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files