Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Free paragraph greeking font!

Ha classic, Gare..

Yea its unbelievable the things you hear from people. A friend is a photographer and hes always asked if they can use his older work for free. "But it doesnt cost you anything; you've already taken the photo so what difference does it make? We promise to mention your name in the text."

Sweet deal.

One of he hardest things in commercial art is educating a client—most of whom are completely materially-oriented—to the value and worth of an intangible such as a photo, a sketch, and most of all, an idea.

Yes, you can own an idea, and moreover you can sell an idea. An idea can have a monetary worth attached to it, and yet time and again I get these people who want a "performance guarantee" appended to my idea work, just like a satisfaction guarantee on a cereal box, you know?

Funny how we've been living with DRM for over a decade with music and movies and other intangibles, but a concept, an idea? Oh, I just walk around and leave them like a bread crumb trail!

NOT.

So what I usually tell someone who wants bankable results from an intangible creation in advance is:

If you are unsatisfied in any way with my idea, you can return the unused portion of my idea to me.

And I will promptly return to you the unspent portion of your money.

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    So what I usually tell someone who wants bankable results from an intangible creation in advance is:

If you are unsatisfied in any way with my idea, you can return the unused portion of my idea to me.

And I will promptly return to you the unspent portion of your money.
    That's a great retort! Quite disarming too.

Here's a trio of variations on the greeking theme. I particularly like the script greeking...just weird and wonderful:

Three more Greeking fonts

-g